Providing Towels / Linen halfway through rental

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

Casscat wrote:That's okay Casanosa - it's just that we do get a lot of people coming here just spamming which is not what the forum is all about. Apologies for failing to welcome you as warmly as I usually would :)
No problem Casscat, apologies accepted. See you around! :)
Find a home away from home!
www.casanosa.es
Jayno

Post by Jayno »

This topic is interesting to me right now as this year we have a number of bookings for more than one week. We have both b&b and self catering here and I've never provided a maid service, always gone for the privacy angle. We did have a complaint from some youngsters one year that we hadn't made up their room during their two night stay, since then I tell everyone when they arrive that their room is their private space and I will only enter if invited. I have always had cleaning products and paper towels in all our accommodation to encourage people to clean up any messes and that seems to have worked so far as I've never come across anything out of the ordinary, and in the self catering there is vacuum cleaner etc. I show them where I store the linen so they can get extra pool towels when needed as long as they give me the used ones to wash so I don't run out, only one group totally abused the offer and when they left I found at least 10 wet towels used by 3 people over 3 days. But I think after reading the other comments I'll just ask the long stays if they want a changeover and if they want to do it themselves, I won't be charging any extra for anything, I'd rather get a nice review than a few extra euros.