leona.chang45@hotmail.com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

leona.chang45@hotmail.com

Post by Casscat »

"Dear

I would appreciate it if you could confirm availability and total coatings based on the dates. Aug 10, 2016 - Aug 24, 2016 (14 nights) or any week you have available in September. .Is the villa still available?

Regards
Leona"

Aw, how sweet of her to call me dear. I am in need of affection right now so it's very timely. I have asked about the required coatings - can she specify matt or maybe a soft sheen?
Essar

Re: leona.chang45@hotmail.com

Post by Essar »

Casscat wrote:"Dear

I would appreciate it if you could confirm availability and total coatings based on the dates. Aug 10, 2016 - Aug 24, 2016 (14 nights) or any week you have available in September. .Is the villa still available?

Regards
Leona"

Aw, how sweet of her to call me dear. I am in need of affection right now so it's very timely. I have asked about the required coatings - can she specify matt or maybe a soft sheen?
At least she didn't call you "hun"!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
stork

Post by stork »

I got that one today as well.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Direct to my personal email. That REALLY pisses me off *massive scowl*
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We received this email also this evening. Glad we looked at LMH before replying... :)
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

I had this one on Friday night. The footer also had links to a Nissan garage in Barrow in Furness. Not sure how that fits into her scam
So much to learn....so little time!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

This one sends an attachment after a couple of emails. The attachment will obviously be malicious and could be one that locks all your files until you pay a ransom.

I replied with my own file attachment when they requested more details :twisted:

I can't figure out why they make these things so easy to spot. None asks for 2 weeks in August OR a week in September. They can't even fake a simple genuine enquiry.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

[quote="kevsboredagain"I can't figure out why they make these things so easy to spot. None asks for 2 weeks in August OR a week in September. They can't even fake a simple genuine enquiry.[/quote]
Just as well they can't - it makes it easier for us to spot the scammers! :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!