LinxBeds

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
oldpolicehouse

LinxBeds

Post by oldpolicehouse »

Hi Just starting out and looking at zip and link beds...can you please tell me which are the best to go for?? looking at superking or 2 x 3 3ft what are the waterproof ones like?? or which beds?
tchn

Post by tchn »

We have the hotel contract mattresses from Linx beds. They are still doing very well after 4 years and we get a lot of positive comments about them. We use the 6ft Zip and Link, which is the same width as the superking when linked, but has the benefit of splitting to twins. It is also the length of a standard single, so normal single sheets fit the bed, and (for us) it fits the space better.

I don't think they had waterproof when we purchased. If they were plasticized I'd say no and use these (http://www.outofeden.co.uk/products/284 ... with-skirt), but they may not be.

Give them a call, I found them very helpful.
EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

I've bought from both Linx and Hotel Contract Beds.

Personally I'd go for the latter. They've lasted me about 4 years so far and still going good.

The springs in one of the Linx mattresses went at about a year old. The headboards also don't fit brilliantly into the beds.
tchn

Post by tchn »

That's useful to hear from someone who has both. I do find myself having to realign and tighten the headboards rather too frequently, though we've not had springs go (yet!) on the 6 mattresses we have from Linx.