Insurance

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
oldpolicehouse

Insurance

Post by oldpolicehouse »

Hi, Happy frosty April.....I am at that stage now where I am looking for Insurance for a 3 bedroomed property In Scotland....what do I need to look for? what is the approx cost? what are the hidden things?
russellt

Post by russellt »

Search for Boshers and Schofields on here. Lots of previous discussions.

The things i am most conscious of are the over-winter/void period terms & conditions, ie drain-down the heating system or maintain a minimum temperature throughout winter.

Over the years, these terms have been altered because insurers in the UK got stung by a couple of hard winters.

So, read and understand these clauses. If you happen to have a few weeks empty during winter, you need to understand the implications. (Or just work harder to NOT have empty weeks :wink: )
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Something to look for:

Is accidental damage by guests covered ?
And if so, what is the excess ?
This will help you determine the size of the security deposit.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Third party liability cover for paying customers.
Terms of cover regarding theft when property is occupied,
and unoccupied.
The cover if you need to provide an external keysafe or send keys in the post.
Loss of earnings cover if your property becomes inaccessible (eg foot and mouth restrictions)

Look at Boshers, Schofields, NFU.
oldpolicehouse

Thanks

Post by oldpolicehouse »

The information is very helpful...as for the Keysafe I do have one but as I live right next to the property this will help. yes I am lucky I bought an old property right next door hence why I am doing this....sometimes good sometimes too close as I can keep an eye on the work men just now :D I have a few quotes and I have seen the drain down the water bit and as we get cold winters up here yes no problem!
Thing is I cant market the place until it is finished which I hope very soon..cracking the whip time!!