a good booking and reliable calendar sync tool

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

a good booking and reliable calendar sync tool

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I am sorry if this has been covered before but i would just like some up dated information

As i am starting to change and extend my portfolio of various rental sites /booking portals,
can anyone recommend a good booking and reliable calendar sync tool to make updating my calendars more simpler, i already have an invoice and guest reply system in place so this part is under control.
but i am trying to streamline keeping the various booking calendars up to date online without spending hours updating most of them individually especially with all the changes within the rental sites polices and ownership and also when i am not in he office and working remotely on a tablet ( i pad )

i am aware that many you have a preference that you are happy working with so i would be happy to hear your experiences
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

PIMS? Yes it's a complete management system, but you could buy the Lite version (£29 a year) and just use the calendar. It uses ical functionality, so can be embedded in your own website and used with any listing site that supports ical; most of the big sites that I'm aware of. As always, if you decide it's for you, then I can give you a referral code which benefits us both.

Once you have the system, you may decide to use more of its functions, such as the rate card too. http://www.holidayrentalmanagement.com/ ... _list4.php
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Thanks nemo
I have looked at PIMS, but always needed to sit down and get my head around taking on board a new system , but as the admin associated with running this sort of business gets more demanding i really need to move forward an get organised
But at the moment it is taking up more time than i would like , i only have 4 apartments and i live on site but the OH is spending more time away from the business so i am holding the fort alone
I gather by your reply you are a PIMS fan ? If you dont mind me asking what package are you on and how does it compare to before PIMS
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I started on the standard package having managed a handful of bookings manually, creating a word doc booking form and some email templates.

I stayed on standard package until last year when I upgraded to Gold. The particular functions that I use within Gold that aren't available below this are the short break pricing plan and the online contact and booking form.

I manage three properties, so with you having four properties, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend at least the standard package. With Gold, the guest fills in an enquiry form on my website and that information is then prefilled within PIMS. Just a brilliant time saver for all your direct enquiries. If all your income is entered within PIMS you can export spreadsheets on top of creating the email templates and so many more functions.

I'd go for it as you can have a refund if you decide you really don't like the system, but like most of us, you'll probably become a raving fan once you have embraced just a few of the functions. :wink:
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I didn't see any calendars on your website so if it's just a "master" calendar you need to store bookings and sync with all the adverts, then Google works fine for this. even emails you reminders as chosen times before the appointment.

However, even if you can sync all your calendars using iCal, they still want you to login and manually do something or else you'll be excluded from some of the search results. Kind of defeats the purpose.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Thanks

Nemo ... I will look at all the PIMS packages in more detail and see if it will work for me and aim to put something in place for next season

Kev ..... I do not have a current calender on my personal website as most of my bookings are generated on booking portals , however i do get enquiries through the website but they start with an enquiry ... But my website is another thing on the list to change and i will look at ical or see if anything else is around

I just need to streamline the admin and time mamagement

ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I have just started using PIMS after taking on a second property. It looks pretty good but still finding my way around some of the more advanced features. We (OK I) just managed to double book a property which has caused a great deal of pain for us and the guest. If I had been using PIMS correctly this would not have happened.

It looks a very comprehensive system that takes some time to get configured but I am sure once that work is done life will be much easier.

Richard offers a money back trial so why not take a look.