Proposed service charge ban

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
salmoncottage

Proposed service charge ban

Post by salmoncottage »

Just wondering if or how the recent news item re tipping & service charging might eventually affect other leisure industries too?
Will it be specific to restaurants and bars ect, or will it be directed at the whole of the leisure, hospitality and service industries and including the much discussed proposed "service fee" to vacation rentals etc
:?:
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

That would be great, wouldn't it! I do hope so but I haven't read about it. Would firmly put Expedia in its place. Is it a Europe-wide thing or just GB?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

If that should happen then I suppose the vacation rental giants will have to bite the bullet and call their "service charge" a "booking fee", which after all is what it is!
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

FelicityA wrote:That would be great, wouldn't it! I do hope so but I haven't read about it. Would firmly put Expedia in its place. Is it a Europe-wide thing or just GB?
This is the first I've heard about a ban on tipping, so I presume that it's a GB thing.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

It's rude to tip in Japan.
Cheers
PC