Oh heck help

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
bessie

Oh heck help

Post by bessie »

Decided to have a go at a website on promote myplace.
Marmaduke-cottage @promotemyplace
Well I managed to delete all my photos ,text etc off the other one and now my laptop decides to delete everything from its memory so will have to get the camera out in a hurry.
Am I making a mess of it or work in progress.
I know the furniture in the sitting is not liked but unable to change at the moment.
It was done in a bit of a rush this morning when I found out my other site had been removed too early.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I do not know what the actual question is. :?
But to help you find your way through this maybe using the wayback machine could help.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160319035 ... age.co.uk/
The other thing to look for is does your hosting company do back ups? If so get them to reload the website.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Sorry my question was going to be am I heading in the right direction already with my webdesign and wording but unsure if anyone can see it until my domain is transferred.which would be the same as before.
Just noticed promote my place offer to write your website .
Trying to do it myself along with 10 other jobs.
Hopefully you can shout at me shortly
:wink: no idea what happen to my computer started working again ,backed everything up but my website and photos.
I am going to make this cottage work ,that flipping sitting room will be right one day . :lol:
Marmaduke-cottage.CO .UK eventually should find me on promote my place.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Bessie PM me if you want a code for a discount off your first year with Promote My Place. If you can write a letter in word, you can manage a PMP site.
Until your own domain is switched, you can use the PMP one which will be www.marmaduke-cottage.promotemyplace.com
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you but I did get the offer on listing,just going to check how much longer for domain change .any comment would be helpful on my attempt .
The sitting room will have to stay the same until I find a suitable sofa and chair that will fit .
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

One thing, although that is a beautiful picture of your cottage, as you've got it on the top of every page, it is detracting from the content, and you do want people to read your words. You can put smaller photos down the side of the page, and use the main header one only on the home page? You could also make the photo gallery a film strip to make it more interesting.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Could you soften the pattern with a couple of plain throws?
lorca

Post by lorca »

HelenB wrote:Could you soften the pattern with a couple of plain throws?
...or replace the cushion covers with some PLAIN coloured ones that maybe pick out one of the colours in the chairs.

Another cost-free suggestion. Get rid of some of the clutter in the kitchen and remove the strange looking bits of carpet on the floor (for the photos at least). Oh, I see you have done that in the kitchen photo on your "details" page. Ditch the other one.
If not now, when?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There are a few typo and grammar errors on the first page.

Dinning instead of dining, dont instead of don't and airey instead of airy are a few that stand out. Also full stops should be at the end of the sentence and not preceded by a space, that should come after the full stop.
Get someone to proof-read for you if possible, or just put the text through a spellchecker.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you,will try and attack problems later,my laptop now seems to have loaded windows 10 just when I knew where to look for things .Hopefully I will find spell check and it may help to put my glasses on.
lorca

Post by lorca »

HelenB wrote: or just put the text through a spellchecker.
Ideally one that checks British (and not American) English grammar and spelling - unlike LMH ;)
If not now, when?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CSE

Post by CSE »

lorca wrote:
Ideally one that checks British (and not American) English grammar and spelling - unlike LMH ;)
Is there one on the forum's software? Usually it is in the browser you use. However, to help Bessie out there are a lot of online websites which check your spelling and grammar. Type or paste your English text here and click on the "Check Text" button.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Well I have done a bit more,I have some throws and will see if that makes a difference.Agent coming tomorrow to see if they will list my cottage and they have agreed to let me have unlimited owner bookings.
My prices still need work but will see tomorrow.
I am sure I have missed things.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Good luck tomorrow. :)
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"