Help moved domain name

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
bessie

Help moved domain name

Post by bessie »

I asked 1 and 1 to move my domain name to the details given on promote my place ,suddenly a old website that I paid for and cancelled as they were to charge every time I changed anything on web creation has suddenly appeared in stead of my promote my place website.1 and 1 won't help 3 hours on the phone,web creation I have no account details as it was cancelled and no payment made after 2012.
Told I need an IP address for pmp totally confused .
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Your domain name has to point to an IP address which is the location of your website. PMP will no doubt give you an IP address to which your domain should be pointing to so that when you enter the web address in a browser, your PMP site appears. After setting this IP address, it can take 24 hours for the new info to propagate around the internet.

We would need some actual values to check the current status and see where your domain is currently pointing.

1 and 1 do indeed need an IP address or more likely, the name of the PMP servers. Probably ns0.ukfast.net and ns1.ukfast.net
bessie

Post by bessie »

Hi
Thank you it has been a total mess,but after hours on the phone with 1 and 1 I at last got a gentleman who in 5 mins helped me alter the details.fingers crossed .I really will have to go on a course,