rural property

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
CSE

Post by CSE »

As far as I can see, it is where the property, (house or plot or both) is divided between several land owners. Normally there are no boundary markers. It may be possible that the property cannot be sold without the other owner(s) agreeing or having part of the deal.
But we are not 100% certain on all of these facts.
We had seen properties, here in Galicia, for sale like that. It must be a shock for sunshine. What are you going to do? Was you told about this when you purchased the property? Suppose then it would not have mattered so much but now things have to be formalised to run a vacation rental. :(
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I came across this (I think) when I was house-hunting. I saw a nice place near Villanueva de la Conception but was told that it was on divided land and that the division had led to each property having less than the requisite plot size for rural development (I think it's 6000m2 per property minimum but I could be wrong).
Vera

Post by Vera »

Vera wrote:
We sent the paperwork to Almeria and received the paperwork back which had a VTAR number and a request for our escritura it also had a paragraph which said we needed to supply a project for a change of use of our land! A visit to the town hall and a very efficient town planner has now squashed this, thankfully.

So what happens next?
Having waited a month for communication from the Junta we assumed there must be a lost mail or a problem.
We phoned them yesterday and were told that we were approved and to use the VTAR number they had already sent.