I'm looking for a holiday rental in France ....

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Annew

I'm looking for a holiday rental in France ....

Post by Annew »

..... as I mentioned in another thread.

I've been quite shocked at the lack of response to enquiries I've made via HomeAway and Holiday Lettings. Not the first time this has happened.

I'm looking for something private (not a complex) in the Perigord, Bergerac area, preferably riverside. Pool not necessary but I would like something spacious and interesting. There will be two possibly 4 guests - so looking for 3 bed 2 bath minimum and approx dates are around 19th September for 7 nights or so. We can be extremely flexible.

Do please drop me an email if you have anything

If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I know friends of Enid's have something, probably a bit further south though, not sure she's here very often these days, are you on Facebook? Or what about Kalba's place, even further south of Toulouse. One day I'll get there........ Can't think of anyone near Bergerac off the top of my head.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

PS - I can do a week from September 20th :lol: :lol:
Kathy
Annew

Post by Annew »

KathyG wrote:PS - I can do a week from September 20th :lol: :lol:
Wish wish wish I could, but we need to go to Bordeaux and thought we'd add a hols on and the boy needs a break from recording and gigging so that area would suit him better too!

I'll be in touch about Treby Arms - you still up for it???

I'd also love to go to Kalba's (are you there FC?) but just too far. My folks had a great time staying there last year - so beautiful.

I rather like this idea of working my way around France using LMHer's places ;-)
Last edited by Annew on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Enid sprang to my mind too - I know she knows a couple of people with local gîtes. I'll give her a quick ping on FB if you like.

And thanks for the thought Kathy, but even if we were anywhere near Bordeaux I'm afraid we're full for this year :wink:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Annew wrote:
I'll be in touch about Treby Arms - you still up for it???

Absolutely!
Annew wrote: I rather like this idea of working my way around France using LMHer's places ;-)
Me too! I've been to Enid's old place, Peyrenegre, Stu's place Le Chant Oiseaux and met PC in Barcelona :D

Maybe it's time for another LMH meet, always talking about doing one in Brittany....
Kathy
enid

Post by enid »

There is a lovely gite in our village we are an hour from Bordeaux if that is any good
http://www.sawdays.co.uk/france/aquitai ... de-sevenne
Annew

Post by Annew »

Thanks for your replies everyone :-)
lel

Post by lel »

Hi Annew
we have space in September, we are a couple of hours drive from Bordeaux, directly in the middle of the Perigord Vert Natural park. we are not riverside, but very close to many lakes if you are interested in fishing. If you check my website and go to 'accommodation' and 'low season' you will see photos of the Gite. we have central heating as well as a wood burner, in case the evenings become chilly. Best of luck with your search.
bobmcneil

Post by bobmcneil »

Hello
We have availibility. We are bwetween Sarlat & Gourdon if that's any good. View us at www.dordogneholiday.co.uk
A francophile who enjoys the local life in south west france as much as possible