SEF Requirements

For topics that are specific to Portugal, please go here.
propertytorent

SEF Requirements

Post by propertytorent »

How are off-site owners collecting ID for SEF registration?
What do you do when some guests are Portuguese citizens but others are not? ie. the parents are portuguese citizens but the kids are not. Do still have to register for kids?
aasta

Post by aasta »

hello...we do in such cases...quicker to just fill in the info than contact SEF to ask!!!!
aasta
propertytorent

Post by propertytorent »

Aasta,
Are you off-site? How do you collect the ID (passport) information? Via e-mail? E-mail doesn't seem like the safest way but aside from having the guest mail the information I can't think of any other option.
OrangeBlossom

Post by OrangeBlossom »

I'm off site. I've only done a trial with one set of guests but I made up a little excel file for them to fill in, told them how to encrypt the file then invited them to leave me a message or send me the encryption key via text. You could also enter the details you already have for them, to make their job easier and encrypt it yourself and send them the key if they've submitted a mobile no with their enquiry.

My trial worked and the guests didn't complain about having to do it; they could see that I was taking care of protecting their private data.

I'd want to get more than one set of reactions though to see whether it would be a viable way of collecting the data long term.

Personally, I don't think I'm going to start sending in data until I know that I have a reliable system in place.