Free Website Reviews

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
sazzleevans

Free Website Reviews

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Thought i would share this you can get free screencast live reviews of your website. I have mine tested once a month or after an update to get feedback. They are only short the free tests, you can pay for longer ones BUT the 5 mins ones are free and you can have 3 a month.

They tend to be America but there are some Brits. I'm one of them! Best to post the request around 10.30am to get a British tester as seems to be when we are all online.

Here's a test I had done this month. Since the test I've added the clickable image and am sitting bigger text.

http://peek.usertesting.com/result/2384 ... oplay=true
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Thats novel. Thanks for that.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

It's fab! Totally free and I have made loads of amendments to my website after reviews. Obvious stuff but not so obvious when you created it. You see where people click first etc and what they miss that you thinks important etc I had get info at last years vacation rental world summit and i have used it loads!!

So much so I applied to be a tester!
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

They don't pester you either after you use have free ones. As you can tell I love the product!
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Here is another example of a test on my site i changed quite a bit after this one.

http://peek.usertesting.com/result/11342740083008
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Yes, gives food for thought, I aready have three reviews in 12 hours. All from Americans, which is not really our market at the moment. That apart, this a great tool to get some real world and very usable feedback.

http://peek.usertesting.com/result/11343391072096

Thanks again.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Just listened to it between the lines you can hear a theme about needing to specify it's a privately owned villa you can rent in as a whole rather than it being rooms or b&q etc It's obvious to us but it's a good point.

I had the same in that everyone thought I was a rental agent for the area so I actually changed the header of the page and am in the process of changing the text on he homepage.

If you do several tests you notice a theme. People don't look very deeply when they hit your page and it's that insight as to what they see when they skim which is fab! I get it with British reviewers too they skim.

Really good tool and don't forget you can request 6 in total 3 website and 3 mobile reviews each month.

I'm off to check if I have any waiting for me to review ;-)
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Yes, its an eye opener. Always trying to get a balance between asthetics and keeping things simple while trying to make sure at the same time they have all the info immediately when they land...mmmm
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

By doing these I have discovered how much people do not spot. It helps me see where they look first which isn't where you expect it!!!