What words would you not use

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

e-richard wrote:
AndrewH wrote:the photographs will reveal the truth.
I'm sure that Adobe would disagree with that :wink:
Yes, I get it!
abode

Post by abode »

This really is off topic but here goes

Thanks for the feedback and extra comments - I hadn't considered the SEO context but I guess we never expect to get guests searching for us as we only list on OD (no doubt this will have to change).
greenbarn wrote:Interesting points abode - thanks.

Whether people would use a bed size as a general search term in an accommodation search is perhaps questionable

So far as searching by bed size is concerned you may well be right.........but.........

My wife refuses to book any rental, hotel or b and b unless she is confident that the bed is at least as big as our home bed. Not just width but length too is important. We quote bed length in our entry - essential for any customers over 6 feet tall - for whom a standard length UK double (190cm) bed is just too short and uncomfortable - for me anyway - feet either hang off the end or head jammed against the headboard. People stretch out in bed arms behind head and pointing their toes - so even someone 5'11" can easily make themselves over 6 feet long. By 1998 30% of UK men under 25 were > 6 feet tall see this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/82317.stm

Plus 10% of our bookers are from Scandinavia - where average height is even greater. The beds in our rental are European size so all 2.00m long (when we inherited the property from a Danish couple over 20 years ago their master bedroom (twin) beds were 220cms long!!!!!!!!!!! - but goodness knows where they sourced those - and you try getting mattress protectors or fitted bottom sheets.

We work on the assumption that guests spend a third of their time in bed, a third sunbathing/swimming and a third eating and drinking (crude generalisations I know) and so have equipped, invested, photographed and devised copy accordingly.

So as to copywriting we try to "prove" any qualitative copy with supporting facts - large pool (10m x 4m) - fantastic views (180 degree vistas - with drone image), secluded (you can sunbathe unseen as per a supporting photo with caption - without sunbathers!), spacious (detailed floor plan with dimensions and exact furniture layout to scale provided). It has taken a long time (4 years of tweaking so far) but it's converting customers.

Of course I'm OCD as well and about to be certified........ but I'm sure you guessed that already
:shock: :lol:
Success is never final; failure is never fatal - Conrad Hilton - Be My Guest