Website review - any feedback is good feedback

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Website review - any feedback is good feedback

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi

If you have time any feedback is appreciated
It is www.villaantonio.co.uk
It is built on the Wix platform
We have a Landing page as the "home" page as this seems to speed up loading
Many thanks
Larry
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

OK, no time to go through your site totally, but here goes with first impressions ...

Took a while to load - mostly due to my script blocker which did not want to be disabled! :shock:

First impressions - quite liked the first "click anywhere" page, but then got to a very busy site, information everywhere (and that "Contact Us" button irritates me). BUT ... that pale grey print on a white background is hard to read (especially for somebody no longer as young as they used to be :lol: ).

I think the "sleeps xxx, children welcome (or not), xx bathrooms, no smoking" details should stand out on the first page.

Photos - I had to plough through what felt like hundreds of the pool, hot tub and games area before I got to what I feel are the essentials i.e. the living and sleeping quarters. Perhaps consider rearranging them?

No time to go through any more, but no doubt other LMHers will have comments for you.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The opening video is a bold move, which I like, although full screen makes it extremely low quality.

I tend to agree with PW though. Enter the site and there are bits and pieces everywhere with many not even related to the property. An article on sleep on the home page? Logos and widgets everywhere then huge sections of text makes for hard work for any visitor.

It's clear the site has developed over a few years and become over designed. To me it seriously under sells the lovely property and I would be inclined to take all the good content and pour it into a new, fresh, clearer layout. Now you know how to do it, that task will probably be easier than you imagine.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

kevsboredagain wrote: It's clear the site has developed over a few years and become over designed. To me it seriously under sells the lovely property and I would be inclined to take all the good content and pour it into a new, fresh, clearer layout. Now you know how to do it, that task will probably be easier than you imagine.
I really cannot improve upon that comment VillaAntonio. You are underselling it. The web site looks cluttered and in places old fashioned. You have a great place and a crisp, modern web presence will reinforce the accolades you have garnered via TA etc.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ditto the others. A beautiful product somewhat spoilt by a cheap looking site and lots of logos and clip art everywhere. Too many changes of font size, italics etc make it all so very busy. Why two calendars? That was very confusing as I assume there is only one property.

There is so much promise there to take the content and streamline it.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

First words in every photographer’s/web page creator’s handbook are always ‘edit ruthlessly’. Less is always more.

A dozen pool pictures (for example), many shot at the same time under the same lighting conditions and doing the same job, don’t do more justice to a property than (say) three great shots. The killer with many of your pool shots (like picture 3 – ‘private pool’) is that ugly (sorry) concrete pool perimeter that the wide angle shots accentuate. Paint it, tile it, cover with pool toys in the foreground or lose it by shooting at a low angle/high viewpoint would be my advice.

It looks to be a lovely property in a stunning setting but, as others have perceptively suggested, it needs the hand of a skilled but hard-hearted editor to bring the website properly to life. Good luck!
Jim
elena

Post by elena »

Hi Larry!
Agree with most of the other comments here but what strikes me immediately is the fact that you have two navigation bars which is confusing enough but everything in the vertical one is duplicated in the horizontal one so it's just taking up space which could be used much more productively. I'd take out the vertical one and replace it with an eyecatching photo.....

Elena
www.lescrouquets.net
www.dordogne-holiday-villa.co.uk
www.instagram.com/lescrouquets
man who stand on side of mountain with mouth open waiting for roast duck to fly in have long wait....
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Thanks for all the feedback

All good stuff
Amazing what a new set of eyes can do

many many thanks
Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
www.villaantonio.co.uk
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I actually love all your pool photos and i love your property BUT the website does feel a bit cheap and it is obviously the total opposite to your property which i love. I love the mountain view from the pool. it is great but that website needs to change! I dont know how you get most of your bookings but if the website it to try and get more direct bookings you need to start again I would say.

It will be worth it though. You have fab photos!!! I would happily make you one if you crossed my palm with silver. Alternatively as a winter project i would take a wordpress course and have a go. You could have an amazing site as you have an amazing property!
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

How about something like this to help show off the fab pool area and consolidate them

https://www.thinglink.com/scene/797020719367061507
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

sazzleevans wrote:How about something like this to help show off the fab pool area and consolidate them

https://www.thinglink.com/scene/797020719367061507
What are you planning on doing with those dots, Sarah? Speech bubbles? :wink:
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Click on them and have a look Andrew ;-)
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

sazzleevans wrote:Click on them and have a look Andrew ;-)
Now that's imaginative.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

That is really clever!

Hi "sazzleevans"
That is really clever app , have not seen or heard of that
Thanks, will look into this today

Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
www.villaantonio.co.uk
kevsboredagain

Re: That is really clever!

Post by kevsboredagain »

VillaAntonioLanzarote wrote:Hi "sazzleevans"
That's is really clever app , have not seen or heard of that
Thanks, will look into this today

Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
www.villaantonio.co.uk
No special apps are required normally. It's an image overlay and has been around since web pages existed. Can be done now with CSS or a plug in if you use something like WP.