Marketing: Just got 5 new FB page likes for €0.40

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I also use ad blocking software and a browser extension that allows me to filter out most of the stuff FB would like me to see (and the key word blacklist allows me to avoid seeing all my friends' political posts!)

I don't see any promoted pages or posts
tavi

Post by tavi »

Cymraes wrote:I also use ad blocking software and a browser extension that allows me to filter out most of the stuff FB would like me to see (and the key word blacklist allows me to avoid seeing all my friends' political posts!)

I don't see any promoted pages or posts
Interesting stuff, but you'll still see "suggested pages" I guess? I wonder if the suggested pages will be only those that your friends like, or will be randomly selected by FB based on other stuff you like.

My goal here was to collect more likers from outside my area who are potential holidaymakers. Have gone from 400-odd page fans to 600-odd so am pleased. :)
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

tavi wrote:
Interesting stuff, but you'll still see "suggested pages" I guess? I wonder if the suggested pages will be only those that your friends like, or will be randomly selected by FB based on other stuff you like.
)
No I don't see anything like that - anything FB tries to push on to my page is blocked. I see my friends posts and the groups and pages I follow and that really is all which makes me a hopeless target for FB advertising!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yep, exactly the same for me, Cymraes.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Which actually makes me wonder about the reach figures.

FB thinks it's shown me something which my blockers prevent. Presumably that counts as a post reach as far as they are concerned? If so then the number of people actually seeing the promotion is going to be fewer than they report.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Oooh, yes, that's a really good point Cymraes. It hadn't occurred to me that people like us would be included in the reach figures but of course you're right.

I wonder what proportion of internet users use an ad blocker? Personally I couldn't imagine being online without it :?
tavi

Post by tavi »

French Cricket wrote:Oooh, yes, that's a really good point Cymraes. It hadn't occurred to me that people like us would be included in the reach figures but of course you're right.

I wonder what proportion of internet users use an ad blocker? Personally I couldn't imagine being online without it :?
Yup, good thinking.

Although I don't pay much attention to reach....it's too vague,
what really matters is people actually clicking on your post to like it, or even better, (as with a promoted Page NOT Post) clicking on your page to like it.

Certainly the 200 page likers I picked up somehow saw my page...so maybe don't have adblockers.............
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well, my 3 days and 4 euros are up:

2127 post reach
92 engagements
2 new page likes

and one pre-reservation for 2017!

I'm a happy chirping cricket tonight :lol:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am now trying a page ad instead of my previous post boost to see if this one does better than the last - I was quite pleased with 11 or 12 engagements until I saw FC's number! £1 a day for seven days.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Good news FC.

My booking confirmed and paid. I've still got to confirm if she really did find me through FB, am only guessing at the mo.

Let us know how it goes Felicity.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

So nice to read this! I just tried a "promote your page" this afternoon. Nothing yet from it...but we'll see. I'm not totally sure I utilized the targeted audience as well as I could but I tried to think of relevant interests anyway so I have high hopes to get. A little more exposure.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Sounds like a good result Tavi. I'm giving it a go for seven days. Not everybody has adblockers so here's hoping!
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Well...2 "likes" in 2 days. $3.23 spent so far...giving it the 7 days and we'll see I guess. Maybe I didn't tweak the audience interests (or whatever they call it) just right...I tried to be specific but maybe not the right terms.