Good quality linen/towels online?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Dordogne Rentals

Good quality linen/towels online?

Post by Dordogne Rentals »

Hello-would anyone be able to recommend any online sites for buying linen & towels please? Good quality at good prices would be great as we have quite a bit to get? Thanks for any suggestions! :)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

King of Cotton is good - they have French and English sites (worth comparing the prices on both as sometimes one is much cheaper than the other). Their Egyptian cotton does shrink by around 10% though - beware, and don't get caught up in a long battle (as I was!).

La Redoute is good too, especially at sale time (starting at the end of June). Their own branded stuff (Scenario) is fine if a bit basic, but for decent thread count linen it's best to buy their percale range, usually marketed under the name Best.
Dordogne Rentals

Super, I'll take a look, thanks so much for info French Cricket! :D
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I used Linens Limited for all my bedlinen. Their Egyptian cotton is excellent value and if you have a bulk order go through to their commercial services for a discount: http://www.linenslimited.com/ For towels I purchased from A J Towelling:http://www.ajtowelling.com/ Again amazing value for Egyptian cotton and the quality is good. I purchased everything in the UK and shipped myself, but both do international delivery I believe.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

One of the problems with buying from the UK is that it's not easy to find square pillowcases, Casscat ... and although it's just about possible, with a great deal of searching and a following wind, to buy rectangular pillows here, most are the standard French square shape (which actually I find much more comfortable).
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We like Richard Haworth's Blenheim range (200 thread count flat sheets are perfect for hot weather, any higher can be a bit hot and heavy) and easy to launder and iron. We think great value and our guests comment on our lovely bed linen. We have their sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers (for cooler months). Their customer service is excellent and their international delivery reliable.

We buy our towels from Zara Home.
Dordogne Rentals

That's great Casscat and Sunbeam-I'll take a look at those sites too..thanks so much! :)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

French Cricket wrote:One of the problems with buying from the UK is that it's not easy to find square pillowcases, Casscat ... and although it's just about possible, with a great deal of searching and a following wind, to buy rectangular pillows here, most are the standard French square shape (which actually I find much more comfortable).
All my bedding was purchased in the UK and shipped - that includes the beds and mattresses as well as the pillows. Here in Southern Spain I can buy replacement pillows in UK sizes quite easily - even Zara Home stocks both UK and continental sizes here so my UK acquired linen is not going to be redundant any time soon :D
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ah ... different culture, Casscat! My comments were really directed at Dordogne Rentals who (like me) lives in la France profonde.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Thankfully the internet is a wonderful thing - as is international delivery, i.e. King of Cotton et al! :D White Egyptian cotton is much of a muchness if you opt for the equivalent weight so it's possible to source from a variety of retailers, towels in particular.

I like UK pillows. The Spanish ones aren't square like in France - they are longer and skinnier than UK. Probably more logical than either yours or mine actually, and I'll probably transition in due course because they fit the width of even a UK bed better.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Ebay does it for me.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!