A possible way to boost google search position?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Jenster

A possible way to boost google search position?

Post by Jenster »

So I was idly Googling 'beach apartment porthtowan' today, as I occassionally do to check my search position. Totally unexpectedly I came up on the first page! Not my webpage, but a couple of posts I had done in Google+, along with my profile photo and everything so the link really stood out!

I had posted in G+ something like: 'our top ten absolute favourite things to do when we're at our little apartment in Porthtowan, #1 messing about on Porthtowan's beautiful beach'. It clearly ticked all the boxes for the search I entered. I tried it for a couple of other related searches, and as long as I had 'Porthtowan' and 'apartment' in the search, one or more of my posts came up.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? It makes sense that Google would give G+ posts high priority I suppose - seems a good way of boosting yourself if it keeps working.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

for me it does seem to be the way to go. Everything I post on my website is automatically linked to twitter, facebook and google+. Frequent, good posting does seem to bring results but it is hard to keep up :o
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
GRL

Post by GRL »

Hmmm - I do dip in and out of Google+ every now again - I like the idea of linking my website blog posts to it .... thank you :)
Lets Go To Puglia

The new Google+ Collections make a nice look, almost like a magazine. People can follow only the collections they are interested in rather than everything. It does take a lot of work to keep it active and fresh ... hopefully worth it in the long run
Ciao, Debbie

---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Sorry to say, but I think you will find that the search results you are seeing will include your page in the results because the google "cookies" will include that for you.

Google "knows" you have been there and are a visitor. Perhaps if you go to another computer or internet cafe etc and do the same search you probaby will see a similar page of results but without your site included. A similar thing happend to me a while back..and I got exited too.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Open an incognito window using Chrome for it not to use your browsing history. It stands to reason though that G+ posts will be favoured by Google. Alan Egan of rentmoreweeks certainly believes that G+ still has a place. http://rentmoreweeks.com/2016/03/16/goo ... ogle-plus/
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

You may be right, but I don´t think this is about just your search history. Rather that google knows you are a user or member of that G+ site and so includes that among the normal results.

I don´t say that google is not using this info somewhere, somehow.

But like I say if you are appearing suddenly on the first page for a popular search you maybe should be lookng at other factors that caused it.

anyway thanks for the artice I will read with interest.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

I post several times a week to google plus and its help me.
Lets Go To Puglia

sazzleevans wrote:I post several times a week to google plus and its help me.
+1
Ciao, Debbie

---------------------
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Why not try a test over say a month. Then alternate weeks positing to google+ and not..

Then, using google webmasters analytics or something similar to actually check and quantify whether you are getting more visitors, during those weeks when you post.

Probably someone can think of an even better way to check the traffic benefits.

I would really love for someone to prove me wrong because google+ seems a great tool...