Keeping an eye on your websites

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Big Sis..

Keeping an eye on your websites

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All, :D

Im not sure if this is in the right place maybe should be under Rental Listing Sites...

Anyway I wonder if you all keep an eye on the rental websites you advertise on.Check that the availabilty calendar is right phone nos etc.
Also that youre getting emails.
Go into it as a rentor would check its in the right category and pretend to look for something like yours and make sure it comes up... then email yourself.

Im on a lot of websites and do check periodically but have had a couple of problems lately that Im glad I found.
My Holiday Lets advert was changed and only shew one house available sleeps 8 not 2 sleeps 8/16...
Someone at HL had had a look and thought Id altered the advert to show both so took one off so it only showed sleeps 8...Most of my bookings are for both together so it would have made a huge difference.
Luckily I had a copy of the emails setting up the original advert and Ross very quickly altered it back.....
But if I hadnt of checked I wouldnt have found it.

On Owners Direct a few days ago I clicked on and looked at 6 beds and I wasnt there and there is also a new specific link now for renting 2 houses together which is ideal for me but I wasnt shown.
Ive now queried this and its been sorted[apparently I was on the 4+ category which was the most then...but theyve made a 6 beds now...but I wasnt moved there...].
And noone thought to let me know about the New 2 house link.

I also once had a website that had the availabilty calendar showing as completely booked when I wasnt.

Just a thought before the busy[hopefully] booking season starts! :wink: