Steam press Irons

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
oldpolicehouse

Steam press Irons

Post by oldpolicehouse »

I tried sending a load of bedding away to be laundered...sheets came back needing ironed! I was looking at a Advanced Ironing Press by Speedypress with Stand - Ultra XL Size, 90cm x 31cm and wondered if anyone else has used one?...ok they are expensive but if I worked out a load of washing/ironing per month it would be £100 to have laundered!
so is it worth it?....or have I talked myself into it

Susan
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Definitely definitely worth it. The lady that used to do my laundry closed her business recently. I tried another one and the cost was double. So I bought a Steam Press which was delivered yesterday.

Tried it this morning, fantastic. So much easier than with a normal iron. Great results.

I am a very happy bunny.

I bought this one Steam press 202e - Advanced Ironing Press by Speedypress from Amazon.

It will pay for itself in just a few weeks. :D :P :lol:
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

If I was going to get a commercial grade ironing system I would probably go for a roller press. They are expensive, but it is possible to pick up a good quality second hand one on eBay.
Lets Go To Puglia

Casscat wrote:If I was going to get a commercial grade ironing system I would probably go for a roller press. They are expensive, but it is possible to pick up a good quality second hand one on eBay.
For the volume of bed linen we have the Steam Press I bought is more than sufficient. We only have two villas.
Ciao, Debbie

---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never personally used one but they do look rather awkward to use for sheets. Have you tried to use one?
That besides have you factored in your time, the power used including washing or maybe dryer usage. Plus washing powder.
Taking it to the laundry may include having a spare set, your time and fuel to get to the laundry, unless they pick up. But the later can be cut down if you go shopping at the same time.
I can see the one you want is a lot more expensive than the one linked to, above.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Steam-Pr ... B00XKLK86C

Edit read the reviews!
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Lets Go To Puglia

I used mine for the first time to do and it was simple to use. I am a rentive about power costs etc and having factored in all the costs of power, washing powder etc it is undoubtedly cheaper. There are some additional pluses like being able to iron and sort bed linen according to bedroom rather than getting a pile back from the laundry that has to be sorted ... I'm sold, it works for me. Wish I had bought one 10 years ago
Ciao, Debbie

---------------------
oldpolicehouse

I bought one

Post by oldpolicehouse »

I went and bought a steam press...it is fantastic and so easy and 100% better thanks x