Booking software

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
ishola21

Booking software

Post by ishola21 »

Hi All,

I am new to the site and new to the self catering accomodation industry. I am in the process of completing 5 self catering apartments to rent out. Was wondering if anyone could advise on which booking system software is best or how you find the ones you use?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The PIMS Rental Management System is probably the most widely used here for people with lots of properties and I'm sure someone will be along shorty to offer you a referral code, if you're interested.

Welcome to the forum
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Yup, I think most people here use PIMS and there are several subscription options depending on the functionality you want. The web address is http://www.holidayrentalmanagement.com/ and you can use referral code 1369303 if you like which will give you three extra months free. welcome to LMH! :D
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Don't make your decision until you have had a look at SuperControl. Cloud sysytem, glitch free, high availability, superb help desk and cheap. PIMS is v. popular for good reason but make an informed decision. I guess you'll get highly individual and friendly attention from them for a five property deal.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I'll endorse PIMS, but I'll also say it's important to do a thorough comparison and check out for all the features you need. Once you choose a system, it's always going to be a major upheaval to change to a different one so right first time is good - think about moving historical data into a different system for ongoing analysis of booking patterns, sources, revenue etc etc - nightmare!

You should be able to have an in-depth free trial play around for several days with any system you're looking at so that you can get a feel for how it works, whether it meets your needs, how user-configurable it is, what your housekeeper (if any) can and can't see etc.

Supercontrol has strong marketing and is pitching hard to be market leader; when I looked at it as part of my decision process (a few years ago now) it was wincingly expensive and couldn't offer some of the features I wanted, but things move on and I don't know what it's like now. At the time I also looked at HolidayBookingsOnline, but again it didn't have the same flexibility (then, anyway - again I don't know now) and I decided on PIMS.
What I can say is that support for PIMS has been superb and still is; I know other users have the same experience.