now trying a Local Awareness ad on Facebook

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

now trying a Local Awareness ad on Facebook

Post by tavi »

According to FB insights - 79% of the people near my business (150m radius) using FB in the last week are TOURISTS. Of course, as to be expected.

Usually when I target my FB ads I try to avoid local people/businesses for the obvious reason that they're not holiday makers.

So, I'm trying an ad targeting people up to a 3km radius of my property. It's called a Local awareness ad. Hopefully it will be shown to tourists when they use FB?

Trouble is I can't EXCLUDE residents.

Still, worth a try for €2 a day for 7 days?

8) :?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

The proof of the pudding and all that. Has to be worth a punt. I think a high percentage of summer holidaymakers spend a great deal of their summer holiday online scouting options for the following year's summer holiday!! :lol:
tavi

Post by tavi »

Casscat wrote:The proof of the pudding and all that. Has to be worth a punt. I think a high percentage of summer holidaymakers spend a great deal of their summer holiday online scouting options for the following year's summer holiday!! :lol:
That's my thinking too Cass.

My only doubt is the targeting info on FB is a little ambiguous. It's not clear (when targeting those in a 3km radius) whether I'm being shown to the tourists, or those who live here, or both.

Got two new page likes, most people are on a mobile device, according to FB.

Gawd knows what it all means....lol :) :?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

From my experience, it will target people who check in at local places, so that will be a good proportion of tourists. After my holiday in the US I got all sorts of sponsored posts from local businesses, all completely irrelevant to me as they were targeted at residents. I think targeting tourists might work very well though if they like the area and want to return.
tavi

Post by tavi »

By coincidence, Nemo, I was just looking at the advert report...

A quick glance says it's been shown to about 2.5k people, vast majority on mobile devices, age group 25-44 This means all the people sitting at the pavement cafes in the hot nights this weekend (and watching the football ahah)

Got 8 new page likes and 22 people clicked the "get directions" button.

Most of the new page likers don't live in the area (judging from those whose FB pages I can view)...which must mean they're on holiday here.

All very interesting but...... oh for the days when all you had to do was list on OD :)