Confidence and the UK Referendum.

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
charles cawley

Confidence and the UK Referendum.

Post by charles cawley »

The UK Referendum campaigns still seem to be going days after the result was announced.

Bookings for CHL have radically dropped. Although predictions about the stock market and currency have proven largely untrue... confidence seems to have been hit hard. It might be that people are preoccupied.

I have never heard the office so quiet. The year to date has been good but we could do without this mess dragging on and on and on with little sign or sense of direction or decisiveness.

Hope things are better for you.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
tavi

Post by tavi »

Strangely enough, on Sunday 26/6 I had TEN enquiries from the UK for July Aug and Sep dates! :shock: :shock: :shock:
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Encouraging.
No web-site for now.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've just taken a September and November booking so hoping things will just bumble along regardless of the chaos that may or may not be happening. :)
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

We have been frighteningly quiet for over 2 months but just managed to sell a few days in a gap I had. So really pleased. Hopefully things will improve for us all.
I wish I was on the golf course
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

The last few days has seen a bit of a recovery. Perhaps the lull was caused by other factors. It is quite common to see a week or so with reduced activity for no apparent reason. So far the threats pre-referendum do not seem to have materialized that much.
No web-site for now.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Tavi's story is unusual as I would have expected UK owners to be the beneficiaries of the slump in sterling against the euro. http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from= ... UR&view=1M
tavi

Post by tavi »

Casscat wrote:Tavi's story is unusual as I would have expected UK owners to be the beneficiaries of the slump in sterling against the euro. http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from= ... UR&view=1M
I would have thought so too Casscat. However there are always so many factors at play it's difficult to tell.

The UK weather forecast for this past week may have influenced my Sunday enquirers?

I did notice recently there were some amazingly low flight prices UK to Faro for July and even August. (I do only sleep two remember, so these people can afford to wait).
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

As always it appears to be Nordic countries (primarily Denmark) with the highest bookings, followed by Germans then English.