Guest Refusing to Sign Rental Agreement

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
bessie

Post by bessie »

I ask all guests to sign ,never had anyone refuse as they understand it is a reasonable request for a valid reason.
Guests who are difficult over my rules I can do without ,

:?
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

So now Friday has been and gone, do 'we' still have a booking or not?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Afraid I don't ask for a signature - I have the following sentence in my message to guests who pay me directly:
Please read my Terms and Conditions carefully as payment of the deposit signifies their acceptance
When guests pay via OD I get a message that says they have agreed to my Terms and Conditions

However if you feel uncomfortable about a guest for any reason it is far better not to have them stay.
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

Unfortunately I did not feel comfortable with this one so cancelled. Thanks for the feedback! Then they start responding to my emails telling me how disgraceful this is. I've had enough stress with this booking so feel a lot better cutting my losses.
Booking terms have been updated to cover this scenario and I include a reference to these terms informing they must agree to them and sign before a booking is confirmed.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

We have a similar clause to Rosebud: payment of deposit (or the full amount of rental) signifies agreement with these terms and conditions.

As others have said, you probably don't need it once you have received money but it saves any argument.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

croatian villa wrote
Then they start responding to my emails telling me how disgraceful this is
Imagine how much trouble they would have been as guests! I am sure you did the right thing, they did not respond to your earlier emails, and have not come across as reasonable people.