Minimum nights for returning guests?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Minimum nights for returning guests?

Post by Sam V »

Hello, me again, another dilemma!

I had an email last night from returning guests arriving again in October asking to book 6 nights in July next year, only I have a minimum 7 night policy July/Aug. Should I waive this one or stick to 'my rules'?

I have departure on the Friday, She's told me her kids finish school at 2pm Friday but wants to arrive Saturday. This leaves me with the Friday night un booked.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I've had quite a lot of people staying for 6 nights because of other commitments (our minimum is 7) but none of them has ever asked or expected to pay less than the 7 night rate ... so maybe your guest isn't expecting that either.

In any case, I'd simply quote her the price for a 7 night stay then tell her she can arrive when she likes - so if she's booked from Friday she could arrive at any time on Saturday.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

French Cricket wrote:I've had quite a lot of people staying for 6 nights because of other commitments (our minimum is 7) but none of them has ever asked or expected to pay less than the 7 night rate ... so maybe your guest isn't expecting that either.

In any case, I'd simply quote her the price for a 7 night stay then tell her she can arrive when she likes - so if she's booked from Friday she could arrive at any time on Saturday.
+1

It's her choice not to arrive on the Friday but, as she will have booked from the Friday, it means she doesn't need to hang around until, say, 4pm to check in on the Saturday... . great if she has hungry children to feed at lunch time, or the likes.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

+2
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I would give a small discount and offer flexibility for 6 nights. I don't see what you have to gain by "sticking to your rules". Surely this creates happier guests? You might never know the effect but it could be anything as minor as "I've paid full rate so I'll use up all the laundry detergent and not replace it"
Essar

Post by Essar »

As a returning guest and if your haven't already got a booking for the following week - I would accept it because you can then offer 8-nights for the follow on-er-rers at an exorbitant price!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Essar wrote:As a returning guest and if your haven't already got a booking for the following week - I would accept it because you can then offer 8-nights for the follow on-er-rers at an exorbitant price!
Blimey Essar, are you OK at the moment? I think you mean the preceding week and offer 8 nights to the precederers. :wink:
Essar

Post by Essar »

Bunny wrote:
Essar wrote:As a returning guest and if your haven't already got a booking for the following week - I would accept it because you can then offer 8-nights for the follow on-er-rers at an exorbitant price!
Blimey Essar, are you OK at the moment? I think you mean the preceding week and offer 8 nights to the precederers. :wink:
I'm in a rush and speed reading - missing sentences really - it still works either way up! :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Essar wrote:
Bunny wrote:
I'm in a rush and speed reading - missing sentences really - it still works either way up! :lol:
:lol: :lol: Nope, don't think it does. Better let you rush. :wink:
amandajane

Post by amandajane »

I think returning guests are worth their weight ................
so I'd offer a small discount, not a full night, and as others have said point out that they can arrive anytime during the Saturday rather than having to wait until your usual check-in time.

Or, as Essar suggests, try and sell the odd night to the previous weeks guests.
amandajane

Post by amandajane »

I think returning guests are worth their weight ................
so I'd offer a small discount, not a full night, and as others have said point out that they can arrive anytime during the Saturday rather than having to wait until your usual check-in time.

Or, as Essar suggests, try and sell the odd night to the previous weeks guests.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I agree with Essar and Amandajane. If you go with the 'get in early' scenario you can offer your preceding guests departing on Friday the option to stay later than normal and earn some brownie points as well! :lol:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Well, she came back excited and booked seven nights without question! I do give a discount for booking 12 months in advance and a returning guest discount. Two hours after she confirmed another returning guests requested the two weeks! I'm now hoping she'll just take the one, perhaps have a two centre holiday. Unfortunately our neighbour villas managed by my manager are also both booked.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com