2017 Pricing Calendar

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Casscat

2017 Pricing Calendar

Post by Casscat »

I know it's somewhere, and somewhere really obvious, I even printed the damn thing off but now I can't find it! Someone helpfully published a list of dates for school hols 2017 and I am entering my 2017 prices on OD so I'd find this really helpful. I'm not going to break the pricing into too many pieces, but I have in the past undersold myself because as a non-parent I am unaware of term times. Can some kind person guide this dizzy soul to the relevant post?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Are you referring to UK term times ? or French ? or Italian ?
What would Plato do ?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

UK. There was a specific post recently about UK term times. My guests are 80% UK.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

This the simplest one to use; there are some authorities that might have dates outside these, but it's a lot of effort to search through individual authorities and not worth the effort - this is the best average.
www.schoolholidayseurope.eu
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Thanks greenbarn :)
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

That's the one Sam! Thanks :D
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Remember that if your clientele is coming from the private sector, school-wise, that the holidays will be different and start much earlier (usually within the first week) in July!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

A neighbouring rental to mine prices at peak summer rate from the beginning of July, whereas I don't start my peak rate till the end of July (state school hols). Does anyone else price at peak rate from early July? Do you get bookings?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I price peak from the beginning of July, but I am in Spain so that's not really helpful. I do get a lot of adults renting - older couples - so school holidays are not a factor. The weather is the most obvious pointer to 'peak' for me.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I'm in the UK and have always priced peak from the beginning of July and have never had a problem letting those weeks. June is more problematic for me so my rates for June are my mid pricing.