Stripe and PMP

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sammy

Stripe and PMP

Post by Sammy »

Has anyone had success in adding Stripe payments to their PMP website?

It's something I have been thinking about for a while, but wondered if anyone else has used it?

Thanks
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I'm using Stripe via WaveApps but it's not integrated with my PMP website. I have an online booking form on a website page that's not on the menu. I send the link after enquiry conversation.

I have template invoices set up in WaveApps for deposit, balance and security bond, which I can send with a couple of clicks when payments are required.

All new systems, but as I only have one property, manageable and working fine.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Not answering the question but this thread is useful. I planned to integrate Stripe into my site (wordpress not pmp) but it was impossible without technical help, and more money that it was worth me paying. I've plumped for Wave; it's not integrated, but if a guest wishes to pay by credit card I simply invoice them. Wave is powered by Stripe and a really good entry level product for accepting credit card payments, although I have yet to receive my first payment via it as everyone is continuing to pay me by bank transfer in the main. :)
viewtopic.php?t=26301
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I've got Stripe via Wave too. Its free to do it like this, just pay the % on each transaction.

I can't integrate this onto my PMP website. I have to send out an invoice once someone books with a link for them to pay by cc.

If you want to integrate a PMP site with stripe I think you have to go via FreeToBook. Freetobook itself is free (I have that set up for on-line bookings from my PMP site), but the stripe facility is an extra with an annual charge (of about £100 I think) and the % on each transaction. I don't know how easy it actually is to set up though as I chose Wave instead.

Otherwise I think that the PMP site doesn't support the security needed for you to integrate stripe independently.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've set up Wave/Stripe and have now had two successful payments. I use PMP and PIMS and detail my payment options in my enquiry email. For cc payments I request that they need to email me a request to pay by cc for the invoice, which I find quick to fill in and send. I include the wave fees in their payment per transaction. I calculate the fees and add them to the invoice and record/add as a 'surcharge' in their PIMS booking.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Stripe needs to run on a SSL page, which I guess would rule out PMP. Just guessing.

I've implemented Stripe on a couple of websites now, where a single page could be made secure but ran into problems with Wordpress, unless the whole site was made secure. The only practical solution I could see was to make the payment page separate to Wordpress.

Waveapps works well though and looks professional.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

kevsboredagain wrote:I've implemented Stripe on a couple of websites now ...
One of them was mine. It works a treat (touch wood) and I have lost count now of the number of Stripe payments I have received.