Who should I advertise with?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Michelincamper

Who should I advertise with?

Post by Michelincamper »

I am in the process of purchasing a holiday let property in North Norfolk.
My question to you guys in the know is which rental listing site should I go with? Is it best to DIY and advertise with OD or HL or pay a premium and advertise with say Holiday Cottages or Norfolk cottages?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The lack of responses would indicate there's not really an answer to your question. It depends on so many factors and whether or not you wish to provide the time to handle the marketing any enquiries yourself.

I would do some searches online as if you were the client looking for a place to stay and that should give you a rough idea of where to start advertising. After that, it's a bit trial and error unti you find which sites are working for you.

There are some Norfolk owners on LMH who may be able to give some tips on local advertising.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've sent you a private message michelincamper.

The simple answer is there is no single listing site that will fill a property. Trial and error, finding what works for you and spreading the net wide is the key. Then when you find the ideal combination, someone changes the rules and you find yourself two steps back again. Well it keeps us busy!

I personally went with an agency when I started and got myself off the ground that way.