Bookings 'in the doldrums'?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
rosebud

Bookings 'in the doldrums'?

Post by rosebud »

Just waiting for the next booking...

I have felt confident all year with very few gaps in my calendar - but now can see all those empty winter weeks... (apart from Xmas)

I know most of my Nov- Apr bookings come within a month but still would like to have a few 'in the bag'...
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi Rosebud
I was just thinking the same, having taken on a second property this year makes the empty looking months look worse. I was reading all of the notes about drops in bookings after the recent OD changes. At first I though yes my bookings dropped dramatically after the change but that was probably as I had sold most of the summer anyway. I looked back at when we got bookings last year and this really is a quiet time normally. Hopefully things will start to pick up in the coming weeks.

We still have Xmas free at the moment, that normaly sells out much earlier in the year.
gozokerry

Post by gozokerry »

Yes we have just started a second property and September seems to be a hard sell. For us I have put it down to the good weather in northern Europe, no one is looking south at the moment.
Kerry

As Hamlet said ;-"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Thanks Ianh100 & Gozokerry

I have also looked at my records & found my bookings are at a similar level to Aug 14 and Aug 15 (better than Aug 13) so no real need for concern....

Although recently I have had several enquiries that have not converted, a definite spam enquiry & another possible spam enquiry. ..

Also no bookings from OD - my best source - since they introduced their service fee!