Website review please.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Pixiepower

Website review please.

Post by Pixiepower »

Hi,

I've just published our website and would be grateful for any comments. I've been doing a lot of lurking on the forum for the past few months and have hopefully learned a bit from the regular posters to whom I'm grateful.

Thanks

Rachel

http://www.stivesretreats.co.uk
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I think it's very crisp and clean Rachel - and I like the way that you have taken inspiration from your interior decor colours when selecting your font colour :) If it was me looking to book I might want to gain a perspective as to how this 'part of' a converted chapel relates to the rest of the conversion. Is it a holiday let within a larger property occupied by you or one of several dwellings within the building?
Pixiepower

Post by Pixiepower »

Thanks Casscat,

That's a good point- I met some potential guests today who asked a similar question.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Really clean looking website. I love photos on your slider but i would rearrange them. I think the pool image and the back of the building images are your really strong ones that would grip me right away so i would have those first. In saying that do you actually need a slider? I think research shows most people dont even see past image. I would go for the swimming pool one and make it a static image.

Also on your contact page i would like an email address. Sometimes i really dont want to compete a booking form and just want an email address.

I mentioned in a post this morning about free testing on your website it is totally free. I have mine done monthly and im a tester. Take a look at my post above its got the link in.

Sarah x
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Looked the home page again and i would say ditch the slider and go for a static image of the pool. It is a wow one.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

I really like the sophisticated colour scheme, very tasty.
I dislike the top centre menu button which you then have to move right to select from.