Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

PayPal payments delayed 72 hours?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleanforum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: PayPal payments delayed 72 hours? Reply with quote

Not sure is this is the correct place to post this question, anyway..

Its been a year since I received my last paypal payment. They used to arrive at my account almost instantly. The last one has been delayed for 72 hours with the status `marked for review`..

Is this usual now? I looked on the internet and it seems there are a fair few people complaining of this, especially those planning/relying on payments.

I am in Spain, my account is in the UK. Could this be the reason. I would ask PayPal but do not want to throw any spanners in the works if this is the new 'normal'.

Anyone else see this 72 hour delay??
louloup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry, it happened to me and I use Paypal on a daily basis. There was nothing different about the 'reviewed' payment, so it seems to be a random check.
Cas & Irene

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had that several times, mostly with amounts over the € 1.000,-
It´s because of the amount or maybe the guests has clicked on “Goods” instead of “Services” or they are not a verified buyer?

Got always an email from PayPal:

Dear St. Katharine ,

Mrs *** ***** just sent you money with PayPal. To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment.

The Payment Review may take up to 24 hours. When we've completed the review, we'll either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment clears: You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transaction Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.

You shouldn't provide the item or service purchased until we let you know that the payment has cleared. We'll send you an email when we complete the review or you can check the Transaction History tab of your PayPal account.

Mrs *** **** is a Unverified Customer

Payment Details:

Amount: 1.405,00 EUR
Payment Review Outcome: Cleared, OK to Ship.

Than within 24 hrs.:

Dear St. Katharine Yacht Rentals,

We have completed our payment review and have cleared the transaction below. You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transactions Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.

You can now provide the item or service purchased.

Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
cleanforum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Hopefully just an occasional thing..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Bookings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: