PMP- adding online booking

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
ClareW

PMP- adding online booking

Post by ClareW »

I am in the process of making a PMP website and see that there is the option of adding online booking. Am I right in thinking that adding 'free to book' will add a button that allows a customer to book available dates and then I would contact them with payment details (paypal or bank transfer). There is also the option of paying to add either Fab Pay or Stripe- would this more or less give the option of booking and paying by debit/ credit card directly through my PMP website? Any experiences of adding these options to PMP? Not sure whether to just go for the basic Free to Book for booking or whether it is worth paying for the online payment also. I only have one 2 bedroomed property so am small scale, and not yet up and running and a first timer, so lots to learn. Probably about 3- 4 weeks off being ready to let out, but hoping to get website live to be ale to potentially take booking in a couple of weeks. All a bit chicken/ eggy at the moment!
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Hi Clare,
I am pretty much in exactly the same place as you as far as development, progress and questions are concerned so I am a little disappointed to see that you have had no answers yet to your question.
What I would like to know from the wise and wonderful here, is that if I go down the freetobook/stripe route does that mean a guest can book at the click of a button without there having been any contact/enquiry first?
Actually I have heaps of questions but it's probably best one at a time.
Cheers folks!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorry, I don't use freetobook, so can't be any help as I use PIMS to process my bookings.
Ross Hugo

Post by Ross Hugo »

Hi Clare,

In PMP you should be able to add a booking solution of your choice; PIMS, Free to Book, Bookalet etc. You effectively register on one of these sites and then upload your pricing and availability.

With bookalet, you are then given a line of code which you add to your own website. This generates a calendar/booking form in your own webpage.

Guests can then make a booking/booking request through this form. If you have Paypal or a merchant services account, you can take real time payments. The system will automatically send our all the confirmation emails to your guests.

Hope this helps. It's just a brief overview. You can check out the websites for more details.

Best,
Ross Hugo