Rental Inspection

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Manclass

Rental Inspection

Post by Manclass »

I'm in Andalucía.. I have received my rental registration number a few weeks ago, this morning I have had notification that the inspector will come in the next 10 working days. I would be grateful if anybody has had this inspection could give me some pointers of what I need to do and what is required ?, I have seen requirements on the SH website and as far as I know I have everything, but some other websites are quoting extra things, I would be really grateful if anybody has actually had the inspection can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

That sounds quick. I'd make sure that it's not a scam. Sorry but I'm the world's biggest cynic. There are "gas inspections" where they tell you you need this and that and offer to do it for you. If it is authentic, I think he/she will just tell you what you need and you'll have time to get it all in place.
Be careful at the bit where he asks you to sign.
Maybe I've been watching too much "rogue traders" on the telly.
Hope it goes well.
Vera

Post by Vera »

We received our rental registration number in April and had a call from tourismo in Almeria in August to inspect us this week but they cancelled the visit last week.
So 4 months between receiving the number and the appointment.

I don't think there is anything you can do to prepare except make sure it is clean and tidy, we made the inspection for dates when both our properties were empty which won't happen after this week until mid November now.

Feedback from people who have had an inspection will of course be more relevant.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thanks for getting back to me, we had our licence number in May so our inspection will be sometime in September again about 4 months.. We didn't get a phone call but an official stamped letter from the Junta de Andalucía with my licence number on it , this was send recorded delivery so it looks genuine.. I think we have everything we need but would like to hear from somebody that's actually had the inspection , our house also will have people staying when the inspection is done.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm sure it's genuine, but I would relax about it. They are trying to catch out people who have not bothered to make one single concession towards the rules, not people who have complied. You will have no problem with sign off because they are not looking to catch you out on small details. I am not an urban/coastal rental, but a rural one and have been subject to registration since the get go. My inspection was very civilised and not a 'jobsworth' thing at all. You'll breeze it :)