Top 16 marketing experts to follow

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

In case you don't have enough reading matter, :wink: here are a few gurus to pick up tips from including several who are known to LMH members. Many of them have interesting stories as to how they came to be where they are in the industry.

http://blog.lodgify.com/vacation-rental ... ng-experts
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Having read this, Nemo, I picked up on Vanessa de Souza Lage of RentalsUnited. I tried her "Channelizer" and answered the questionnaire as best as I could as it related to my property. These are the sites it came back with as best for me:

Booking.com
Expedia
HomeAway

Oh dear!
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Thanks for the list - I follow Louise Brace and 1ChicRetreat who have good advice - look forward to checking out the others...

Found this post about using the name of your property in your listing details - hopefully encouraging people to google you to find your website - this works for us so thought I would share

http://vacationrentalsecrets.com/web-de ... -bookings/
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Sunbeam wrote:Found this post about using the name of your property in your listing details - hopefully encouraging people to google you to find your website - this works for us so thought I would share

http://vacationrentalsecrets.com/web-de ... -bookings/
Thanks Sunbeam - good point. I shall make some changes today. At present, the descriptions say near the beginning: "Our villa is set on a hillside etc. etc." Much better to say: "Villa Athena is set on a hillside etc. etc."
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm troubled to see Bortolotti on the list given the rather dismissive and rude email he sent me earlier this year when I declined to attend his webinar. Personally, I can't find anyone outside of the US rental business or anywhere in the marketing world who has heard of him!

Otherwise, intriguing list (as a marketeer) and thx Nemo!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That's unpleasant Annew. :( The list is very US centric not surprisingly but there are a few that can add value. Just finding the time to read..... :)
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Thanks, I've bookmarked several of these for future reference.

Just a word of warning though - the link to Damian Sheridan's needmorerentals.com was blocked by my copy of Norton as a 'dangerous web site'. It seems that at some point the site has been hacked and may contain scripts that redirect users to a malicious site. Not sure if this is still the case - I didn't go any further since I've already got plenty of reading material from the other links!
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
antoniob

Post by antoniob »

Annew wrote:I'm troubled to see Bortolotti on the list given the rather dismissive and rude email he sent me earlier this year when I declined to attend his webinar. Personally, I can't find anyone outside of the US rental business or anywhere in the marketing world who has heard of him!

Otherwise, intriguing list (as a marketeer) and thx Nemo!
I'm quite surprised to read your words, Annew. I would be happy to know what you're referring to, as I'm not used to be rude or dismissive with anyone, nor have I ever run a webinar before.

I looked everywhere in my inbox for any communication between you and I but I couldn't find anything and I keep track of everyone I get emails from.

Please accept my apologies, if I have somehow hurt you.

I sent you a PM yesterday through this forum, once I found out about your quite surprising comment. Feel free to reply here or privately if you wish.
Cheers,

Antonio
Owner of http://www.casateulada.com and host of the Vacation Rental World Summit http://vacationrentalworldsummit.com
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Thanks for these. They certainly look worth checking.

Sometimes, an immediate commercial urge can remove part of the potential value of the advice offered. There are some really helpful people out there but there are too many selling commonsense as if it were the greatest most secret and exclusive wisdom.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting