Facebook etiquette - what to do now?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Emmy

Facebook etiquette - what to do now?

Post by Emmy »

I'm just coming to the end of a Facebook POST promotion - it's a post on our main Facebook page, but advertising my Textiles Holidays website. I know "reach" statistics are a bit iffy to say the least, but I do feel it's been successful. (Though who knows who will actually go ahead and book having seen the ad... )

Can anyone please advise? What am I now meant to do with the info/names of people who have either shared, commented, or liked the post (and indeed the page)? There have been 26 shares, 102 likes, and 21 comments... The "comments" are mainly people telling their friends about it, or saying "shall we go?", and from looking briefly at some of the profiles it DOES look as if many of these people have "sewing" related interests so could well be my target market. I know those who have also liked the page will see future posts, but those who commented on the post won't, and I'd like to target them later in the year, to keep interest going... (Is there a way to do that, without it looking as if I'm stalking them?!).

One other thing - I've looked into this but can't find an answer - what is the difference between "Paid" and "Organic" Reach? I don't know 2,000 people so I know the "Organic" hasn't just reached friends, but why isn't that classed as "Paid" when clearly it's come about because I've paid for this boost.....?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I've done a couple of promoted posts in the past, Emmy - not quite the same as yours as they haven't been 'promoting' anything specific, if you see what I mean - I just took a couple of already-popular posts and stuck a fiver on them to see where they'd go!

I certainly haven't harvested any names from the new likers or sharers - to me that feels iffy and against the spirit of FB (and I'd be pretty pissed off if it happened to me, to be honest). What I always do though is to make sure that I respond individually to each and every comment on my page (I do that anyway) - that way you're inviting the people who've interacted directly with your page into a relationship and you start to gain their interest and their trust. If someone has just 'liked' the post, I wouldn't do anything though - I think 'liking' a post is something that people should be able to do silently and without fear of anything happening afterwards! If they 'like' my page though, they get a welcome message (sometimes I do a 'welcome to all new likers' post with a picture of something specially for them).
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

If you click on the people who liked your post, it should bring up a list. Next to the list there should be a button to "invite". Click this and they will be sent an invite to like your page, by you as your personal profile. Some will disagree with using this approach, but facebook has provided the facility - it's yours to use should you wish and you will find that some like your page as a result. When they saw the original post it simply appeared in their timeline, either as a result of your paid advertising (the paid reach) or as a result of a friend liking or commenting on it (the organic reach)
Emmy

Post by Emmy »

Thank you both... Excellent info and advice give here, as always, and really appreciated. It helps so much to have an insight from someone else... I don't want to do the wrong thing, and to mis-use this method of advertising, but at the same time don't want to waste the interest generated. I think I will try a mixture of both approaches and see which I feel comfortable with!
Many thanks...