Spain-holiday.com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Spain-holiday.com

Post by Sam V »

Woahh! This one nearly threw me and I'm still not 100% convinced if it is genuinely fake. The only thing that made me think twice was that my property is in Portugal and I don't advertise on Spain Holidays, but I had to double check in case they have started listing Portugal via HomeAway or similar!

This email was received in all the full colour glory of a genuine listing site enquiry format:-

Spain-Holiday.com
New enquiry
from Spain-Holiday.com
We have sent an autoreply to this enquiry as available.

Travel dates
Oct 23, 2016 - Oct 30, 2016 (7 nights)
People
6 adults
Enquiry
Hello,

We are three couples with 6 adults.
We would like to stay at your property between the dates 23-October-30 October 2016 or any weekend in November.We would like to know if is available and the exact price. I look forward to hearing from you

Jeffrey Jenkins
(His name)@letterboxes.org

Renter
Jeffrey Jenkins
(His name)@letterboxes.org
+33 612046873

Remember, that the quicker you respond, the more likely you are to secure this booking. Please reply to this renter even if you cannot fulfill the booking.

You can reply by answering this mail or view and reply from your account.

This enquiry came from VacancesEspagne.fr. Need help to translate this enquiry? Try Google Translate.

Please add us to your address book to ensure you continue receiving Spain-holiday.com emails
View our Privacy Statement | Contact Us | Terms and Conditions
© 2002 - 2016 Spain holiday online rentals S.L. - All rights reserved.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Marks

Post by Marks »

Send it to support @ spain-holiday.com
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I've had very convincing fake emails 'from' Spain Holiday before. I used to list with them but continued to get the odd phishing email after I'd lapsed my ad. I always reported all attempts to Spain Holiday - they're very helpful and concerned, but there isn't a great deal they can do about it I guess. Spain Holiday have recently introduced a 'communication via dashboard' type arrangement, presumably to avoid publishing an owner's email address where it can be directly harvested by scammers.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Jeffrey Jenkins has morphed in to Miller Greg, my spam filter caught this one. Exactly the same MO.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I sent it to SH. See if I get a response, especially as I've never listed with them too
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
joddle

Post by joddle »

If you get an enquiry from Spain Holiday and it shows the enquirer's email then its a scam. They simply don't include enquiry emails in their query system.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.