Illegal “colleagues”

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Personally I would move to Port Vell or RCN, both are in better positions for your guests. I seriously doubt the new-ish management at Vell would put up with what you describe and nor would RCN.
Cheers
PC
Cas & Irene

Post by Cas & Irene »

Thanks Paul,

When decided to go to Barcelona, Port Vell was our first choice. Just before we are arrived the Salamanca Group from Mr. Roman Abramovich, bought the Marine and kicked nearly everybody out for a 3 year refit of the Marina.

So most yacht moved to Port Olimpic, so this one was fully booked.
Finally we end up in Port Forum, and I was absolute not happy there. Very quit marine with no bars en restaurants like Port Olimpic, nothing special to do or to see and 10 – 15 min. from the centre (Port Vell is in the Centre).

Now after four years, I don´t even think about moving the boat. Port Vell is now very expensive (3x the mooring fee of Port Forum!), no free unlimited parking,, 24 hrs. the noise of the City and they don´t allow commercial business on the boats, in the marina. (arrival and leaving charters is ok)

Royal Club Nautic is very difficult to get a mooring for 24 x 7 mtr. And the entrance fee is about € 12.000,-- Also they don´t give you permission to do any business there. I wouldn’t even pass the Ballot Committee.

After four years of business I could say that Port Forum is a perfect place for us. A very quiet marina, the guests love this after a noisy and busy day in the City. Very easy to reach by car and public transport, and in the evening death calm! A 5 min. walk brings you to our local beach, no Bling Bling the like Barcelonetta beaches, but space!
In 95% of the reviews guest are very happy with our location, so we don´t think any more moving to expensive Port Vell/RCN or the extremely noisy, till 04.00 am kadoeng, kadoenng music, Port Olimpic!
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We can agree on Olimpic, its a hole. But after 3 happy years in Vell, and a month on the hard in Forum in front of Watertights office, it would be Vell all the way for me. Because Vell is mainly below street level the noise level is minimal. As for price yes it is more than Froum, but we seem to get offers every other week they need/want businesses.
Cheers
PC
CSE

Post by CSE »

It seems the staff at the city hall have been busy this summer.
Closing 615 illegal tourist apartments; 32 illegal hostels and issued fines to the following portals.
Tripadvisor, Fotocasa, Rent4days, 9flats, Housetrip, Only-apartments, Windu, Oh Barcelona, Niumba, Airbnb & HomeAway.
The ring is closing in!
http://www.lavanguardia.com/politica/20 ... ticos.html
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

casasantoestevo wrote:...and issued fines to the following portals.
Tripadvisor, Fotocasa, Rent4days, 9flats, Housetrip, Only-apartments, Windu, Oh Barcelona, Niumba, Airbnb & HomeAway.
Off topic, I know, but I wonder how the Spaniards ever hope to enforce these fines for any of those website who don't have a physical presence in Spain. Guilty in absentia i.e. simply symbolic, or do the authorities take it out on the owners who advertise on these sites? If so, what sort of justice is that?
CSE

Post by CSE »

No idea about the fines on the websites.
If they have a presence in Europe maybe they have a chance as even personal debts and fines can now be chased across borders within the EU.
Nothing has appeared in the news about court actions.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Cas & Irene

Post by Cas & Irene »

Also a link to The Local for this artikel in English.

http://www.thelocal.es/20160919/war-on- ... dvisor-30k

It would be a matter of time. They fighting now to both sides, so probably the paper tiger get some nails!
Those big portals don't want to have this bad publicity. For TA I think, Barcelona apartments is peanuts on their total, so they can skip this without any big pain.

We will see ..... for boats it's still very complicated, no yes or no.
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Cas & Irene wrote:Also a link to The Local for this artikel in English.

http://www.thelocal.es/20160919/war-on- ... dvisor-30k

It would be a matter of time. They fighting now to both sides, so probably the paper tiger get some nails!
Those big portals don't want to have this bad publicity. For TA I think, Barcelona apartments is peanuts on their total, so they can skip this without any big pain.

We will see ..... for boats it's still very complicated, no yes or no.
Thanks for the news in English, Cas & Irene. Well the tiger has got some nails, if it can use the advertisements to track down the illegal accommodation. Nothing wrong with that, I think.