Bathrobes

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
b_javea

Bathrobes

Post by b_javea »

Considering getting bathrobes for our guests to add that luxury.

Apart from the initial cost to purchase - our laundrette is quoting 3.95 euros to wash each one (possibly more if they are bigger/heavier). Given a bath sheet costs 1 euro (ish) to wash - I'm amazed at this....

Any feedback from anyone else that perhaps provides bath robes?

Our villa is in Spain.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I would say don't bother. I don't think many people appreciate them and whether they are appear to have been worn or not you are going to have to launder them after every rental. Mine is probably not the response you are inviting as I do not provide robes, but my property is also in Spain and I did toy with the idea of robes when I was at the planning and purchasing stage. I don't regret not buying them and really don't believe that they would have made any kind of positive difference.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Your guests would probably prefer extra bath sheets/towels - surely it's too warm in Spain to wear towelling robes?
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I used to supply them, but I think it is about 5€ each for the laundry costs, so keep them just for our own use now. No-one has ever mentioned not having them. They are useful for the pool though, especially in winter.
Martha

Post by Martha »

We have them and people like them :) I think they are very useful for us as we aren't en-suite and also for the hot tub and sauna.

We have cotton waffle which is much less bulky than towelling and I actually find I can wash and dry them myself, 3 at a time - of course this isn't always possible if we are away.

I put them on the hanger with the hanging tab (at the back of the collar) over the wire of the hanger, so you can absolutely know when it has been used :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I am wondering if we can manage cotton waffle ones. We've got a large capacity washer now too, so pe
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Martha wrote:We have them and people like them :) I think they are very useful for us as we aren't en-suite and also for the hot tub and sauna.

We have cotton waffle which is much less bulky than towelling and I actually find I can wash and dry them myself, 3 at a time - of course this isn't always possible if we are away.

I put them on the hanger with the hanging tab (at the back of the collar) over the wire of the hanger, so you can absolutely know when it has been used :)
Snap, but we also put the sleeves into the pockets and tie the belt around them.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

We used to supply them (only because we had quite a stock that came from the UK with us) but stopped after a couple of years here as nobody bothered with them. I think it's a climate thing - it's just too warm here through our season to think about wearing a robe. Personally I'd prefer extra, or better, or bigger, towels.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Never used one and never provided one.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I think bath robes are too personal. I wouldn't want to wear something that has been worn by someone else.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No more personal than a bath towels surely?
Martha

Post by Martha »

greenbarn wrote:Snap, but we also put the sleeves into the pockets and tie the belt around them.
yep I do that too! :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
pambon

Post by pambon »

French Cricket wrote:We used to supply them (only because we had quite a stock that came from the UK with us) but stopped after a couple of years here as nobody bothered with them. I think it's a climate thing - it's just too warm here through our season to think about wearing a robe. Personally I'd prefer extra, or better, or bigger, towels.
Same here; only had one request in all these years so we are using them ourselves.