My favourite 419 compensation scam email....

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
AngloDutch

My favourite 419 compensation scam email....

Post by AngloDutch »

We have all received many 419 emails over the years. Strangers who are contacting us because they want to give us millions of dollars, Euros, Pounds for no other reason than because they need our bank accounts to deposit the money. :lol:

My favourite one of all time must be a letter I received back in 2010 from a 'William Perrich'.
It involves Coalition Forces in Iraq, the Red Cross, espionage and investing in Norwegian fish. Hmm...a sketch from Monty Python perhaps?

Hello,

I want to inform you that I have a business proposal for you. I am a captain with the United States Coalition forces in Iraq, on the war against terrorism. Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Iraq come this year, I have been deployed to come and work in your country's military base soonest.

Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism. On the other hand I want to inform you that I have in my possession the sum of $10.2 million USD which I got from a crude oil deal. I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informing him that we are making contact for the real owner of the money. It is under my power to approve whoever comes forth for this money.

I wish to use this money for charity purposes in Haiti, Sudan and other parts of the world, where there are about 3 million refugees and Sudan where we have currently the highest numbers of refugees displaced as a result of war, you need to visit such places.

I want to invest the money on stock fish from Norway to these refugees because based on my experience on battle ground in these places, they lack a lot of fish and meat to add to their meagre and unpalatable meals which they get in little quantity just to keep them living until God knows when the problem ends.

Instead of allowing these terrorists to get the money and spend it on purchasing arms from Russia, it is better channelled to saving the world. I cannot move this money to the United States because I will be in Europe for about 3 years, so I need someone I can trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to Europe where you will be the beneficiary because I am a uniformed person and I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary.

I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service. Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully.

I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why I went to a secure property website where I can be sure that the person is real. I believe I can trust you.

Where we are now we can only communicate through our military communication facilities which are secured so nobody can monitor our emails, then I can explain in details to you.

I will only reach you through email, because our calls might be monitored, I just have to be sure whom I am dealing with. So, if you are interested send me the following information to enable start processing the necessary documentation for the consignment to leave Iraq as soon as possible:

1. Your Full name
2. Your country of origin and Contact address in your country
3. Your state of residence and origin in your country
4. A copy or number of your international passport /driver's license
5. Your direct telephone number
6. Your occupation.

I am writing from a fresh email account so if you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 3 days I will then search for someone else. I am doing this on trust, you should understand and you should know that as a trained military expert I will always play safe in case you are the bad type, but I pray you are not. $10.2 million USD is a lot of money which is the dream of anyone.

I patiently await your contact details so we can go on. I will offer you 40% of the sum and 60% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Kind Regards,
Capt. William Perrich
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

:D
Last edited by salmoncottage on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
AndrewH

Re: My favourite 419 compensation scam email....

Post by AndrewH »

AngloDutch wrote:...I just have to be sure whom I am dealing with...
So do I!
Marks

Post by Marks »

There is a genuine US Captain William Perrich doing charity work in Iraq.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Nope. He's quit the US military and now works for KENNY Construction Logistics Solutions Team :lol: