PIMS calander in PMP website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

PIMS calander in PMP website

Post by Sam V »

My PIMS calander in my PMP Villa Trinity website has mysteriously stopped working, it's there but green, no bookings. I've now deleted it but several attempts to re insert it have failed. Odd, as my new Gardener's Cottage website calander is working just fine and I only set that up a coupe of weeks ago.

Any suggestions?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

With the advent of phones, tablets, phablets and who knows what, life has become a lot more complicated for web owners.

Looking at the source code on PMP, it seems that you are trying to insert the code for the fully responsive PIMS calendar, but you have only inserted part b) of the code and not the additional snippets needed.

However, I don't actually think that your PMP website is truly responsive, so perhaps an easy answer is to try inserting the single bit of code for the fixed width PIMS calendar.

Otherwise, if you want the calendar to appear on the "mobile version" of your PMP website, you may have to insert all the additional code and/or revert to PMP support for more help.

All is described in the help page that pops up for "Inserting the code in your website".
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Well, I had given up and left whatever I've added and it's now working fine on my iPad and iPhone. I have no idea what code is on the page! I just added code into the HTML pop up boxes! (I'm not quite techie enough to fully understand) I just have several attempts until it works!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sam, the templates on PMP are all now fully responsive, but if you are using an old template you need to do something to it to convert it to the responsive version. I haven't got the details handy, but there is a blog post on PMP on what to do. I've also changed my PIMs calendar on there, and it seems to be working fine.