Power cut, would you expect compensation?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

...and gas (if you have it?)
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
joddle

Post by joddle »

Sam V wrote:...and gas (if you have it?)
Most holiday homes in Spain have bottled gas so I would not expect that to stop functioning! - the owners are then responsible for the supply unless it is mains gas then of course the same conditions apply as to other services.

Our own property suffers from odd electricity and water outages as does the internet and so we advise our guests of this when they book and also state we can take no responsibility for it. We have never be asked for compensation for such events.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hopefully the female members of the party will have had appointments at the hairdressers.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Sympathies... it's very frustrating when things like this happen and easy to be wise after the event.

We have some Ikea plastic battery-powered candles. I bought them in case anyone wanted to have a romantic candle-lit bath to avoid the risk of naked flames. V little outlay, and also useful in emergencies.