Would appreciate any feedback on my rental listing

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Melb

Would appreciate any feedback on my rental listing

Post by Melb »

AndrewH

Re: Would appreciate any feedback on my rental listing

Post by AndrewH »

Melb wrote:https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8132697

Many thanks for any replies x
I do like your description. It is straight and to the point. I tend to write more flowery descriptions, but I am thinking that perhaps my kind of fanciful prose is becoming a bit dated.

I guess the main criticism of your listing relates to the photos. In my opinion, they are not focused sharply enough; the lack of pixels in the images might arise from using a mobile phone camera as opposed to a proper one. I would suggest using landscape photos wherever possible with a wide angle lens if necessary - I am thinking of the portrait photos of the kitchen and the bathroom. I would suggest a retake of the kitchen without the washing up bowl and the scrunched up cloth!

You only have 15 photos, whereas you are allowed up to 24 (I think). You could add more photos, perhaps of the entrance to your apartment block and of the sea views, but they must be well composed and of good quality.

As a final point, I thing your heading "Sunny Top Floor Air-conditioned Apartment With Fantastic Seaviews and free Wifi" is very good.
Melb

Post by Melb »

oh thanks very much for your feedback - it is better than I was expecting!

I agree with you about the photos - my partner took those with his phone and i hadn't even noticed the scrunched up dishcloth although I agree the washing-up bowl is probably more prominent than it needs to be - but there again if you've got it flaunt it lol!

The outside of the building is not very attractive to be honest, but I think we will try and take some better quality photos next time we are out there.

thanks again
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Can you take a photo of the view from the balcony from sitting on a chair with a nice glass of wine or something in the foreground? I also had the problem that the outside of my place is not great, but a picture of the view from sitting on the sofa with a jar of seashells in the foreground is my lead picture and seems to work well.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Can you take a photo of the view from the balcony from sitting on a chair with a nice glass of wine or something in the foreground?
Is that not getting a little clechy nowadays?
Agree that photos are not good. Why are there different coloured chairs on the two photos of the balcony? Do you need repeat photos?
Before taking photos see what size is allowable/recommended. Take larger and reduce in size without using any destructive methods.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Melb

Post by Melb »

Thanks for the further comments. Will definitely take more photos. The different colour chairs is because there are two similarly sized balconies.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I now have reread the "blurb" and can see that you have written about the 2 balconies.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

How about giving the apartment a name?

With a unique name, you give people the chance to google the name for more information and find your own website. I guess you don't have your own website yet, but you probably will later. If you get the savvy travellers booking direct with you instead of through OwnersDirect (or any of the other major listing sites) you will be able to either offer a more competitive price or keep more of the income.

Now, before someone suggests it, "Apartmenty McApartmentFace" is not a good name. My suggestion is "Apartment Moalegre".
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Melb

Post by Melb »

We did consider calling it apartment Miro but thought it might sound a bit pretentious and, as you say, without our own website no one would be googling that name anyway.
By the way we have not had one repeat booking in the 3 or 4 years we have been advertising - maybe we promise more than we deliver although we have never had one negative comment plus many positive ones and a few good reviews.
russellt

Post by russellt »

Ben McNevis wrote:
With a unique name,
+1

I was browsing OD at the weekend and saw many listings with a one-line description header rather than a name. Why would you do that? Or is it an OD requirement? Just interested.

(OD novice - and planning to remain so.)
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
CSE

Post by CSE »

Melb

Post by Melb »

AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

casasantoestevo wrote:Miro?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miro
Mojahedin of the Islamic Revolution Organization. You may have to 'up' the security deposit :D
Marks

Post by Marks »

Melb wrote:.....without our own website no one would be googling that name anyway.....
Doesn't matter if you list elsewhere.

I list on other sites such as Spain-Holiday where guests don't pay a booking fee/traveller service fee/fee to use the website/extra profit for doing very little more than before fee.....
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
CSE

Post by CSE »

but that is Miró so you would have to use an o-acute or get confused with that in WIKI or as in Andrew's post.:lol:
The Brits do not do o-acutes.