Blog on PMP

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Jenster

Blog on PMP

Post by Jenster »

I have a PMP website which I'm very happy with. At the moment I have a blog/news-ey page on the website itself. I keep reading about PMP's blog function but am very ignorant and not sure what this means? Have I understood it right that people use a different platform for their blog posts and link to PMP via an RSS feed? Does this work better? And if so, which platform do you use for your blog?

TIA

Jenny
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

You need to host the blog on PMP for the best SEO results.

Blogs are still in beta so you need to email them and ask for them to unlock the functionality for you.

Having said that the blog software they use is pretty basic - not a patch on blogspot and if I didn't have the sole intention of improving my website SEO I would be blogging there and linking across.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Thanks Caro, that is very useful info. No wonder I can't find it on PMP at the moment! My blogs are very basic/short so the PMP functionality is probably fine for me.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

I just use a second gallery page for a tiddly photo-blog. Still waiting for PMP to tweak the formatting so if you cared to do something similar the formatting amendment might happen sooner, perhaps?
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Oooh I like that idea Tivoli. Some of my posts are slightly longer than yours but it could work well...will have a play.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Mine would happily be longer were it not for the character count on a standard gallery page caption - Let's apply some pressure! :lol: