New website review please...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
ClareW

New website review please...

Post by ClareW »

Here goes- I am really nervous about this but would appreciate any feedback please...

www.holywellcottagemalvern.co.uk

I am aware that I need a photo of the outside courtyard/ seating area- will try and sort that soon.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am not going to be much use to you because, on a quick look, I can't see anything wrong with your website!

I think it is lovely and sells your cottage very well. Yes, you need a photo of the courtyard area and if it is completely private (i.e. screened from the Holywell spring building and the public path) say so, as at the moment, looking at the water bottling plant, I am wondering if they get tourists coming there, past your cottage?
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

Thank you- yes, the courtyard area is at the back of the cottage leading from the kitchen and so private. You do get people coming to look at the spring and fill up containers with water but it is mainly walkers and cyclists who pass past the front gate of the cottage along the bridle path, completely out of view of the courtyard area- have actually just found a couple of photos taken in the summer of the courtyard, so will add one or two and make sure its clear that it is private from the well/ bridle path. Good thinking!
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

It looks lovely!

A comment on the photos of the second bedroom one caption says Bedroom 2 2 small singles and another says Bedroom 2 1 small single?
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

A comment on the photos of the second bedroom one caption says Bedroom 2 2 small singles and another says Bedroom 2 1 small single?
I was trying tp show the different options- its a trundle guest bed so the room can either be set up with one small single or two small singles,,, or infact with both zipped together as a king size (no photo!) It is obviously not clear so thanks for pointing that out!
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

ClareW wrote:
I was trying tp show the different options- its a trundle guest bed so the room can either be set up with one small single or two small singles,,, or infact with both zipped together as a king size (no photo!) It is obviously not clear so thanks for pointing that out!
Ah I see :)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I was confused by the bed configuration at first (seeing the photo captions) and then I realised I was lazily skim reading and hadn't properly read it where it was all explained perfectly. Perhaps say something like configuration a, b, and c, for bedroom 2 on your photos?
CSE

Post by CSE »

sorry not got time to read all the website. The first page, at the top I see this.

Code: Select all

google6248461a4cd334f5.html 
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Looks lovely! Yes, see if you can get rid of that Google html code. If you can't do that yourself the people at PMP are super-helpful. You don't need the word 'Free' in front of the word 'Wi-Fi' but if the Wi-Fi works in all rooms then change that to 'Wi-Fi throughout' You have spelled across with two 'c's on the gallery page.
Good luck! It looks great! I had very many happy holidays in your part of the world.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Tivoli wrote:Good luck! It looks great! I had very many happy holidays in your part of the world.
I did too, but it wasn't so much happy holidays, but 5 years of education. I do remember Malvern Wells and the Holy Well and have walked up, or perhaps it was run up, that bridle path.
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

see if you can get rid of that Google html code. If you can't do that yourself the people at PMP are super-helpful
Thank you both for pointing this out. I have asked pmp for their help- apparently I put the code in the wrong place when verifying my website so will hopefully have this sorted out today.
Am now going through the process of listing on airbnb...
jase1971

Post by jase1971 »

Lovely looking website and equally lovely looking holiday rental.