Heat Pump Dryer

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Nothing to do with heat pump/condenser/vented dryers, but on the subject of user instructions when the machine is not for the English market, I just print of the simple English language user guide from the internet and make a laminated card. I have these for my washing machine and my oven and hob as the manuals are in Spanish. The washing machine is very simple to use anyway based on the fact that when you rotate the dial you get a display showing the temperature, duration and spin speed so you just jiggle around until you get what you want, but the oven and hob are wholly touch controlled and baffle most people.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Casscat wrote:Nothing to do with heat pump/condenser/vented dryers, but on the subject of user instructions when the machine is not for the English market, I just print of the simple English language user guide from the internet and make a laminated card. I have these for my washing machine and my oven and hob as the manuals are in Spanish. The washing machine is very simple to use anyway based on the fact that when you rotate the dial you get a display showing the temperature, duration and spin speed so you just jiggle around until you get what you want, but the oven and hob are wholly touch controlled and baffle most people.
We too have gone online to look for instructions in English for some appliances where it wasn't provided.
Panasonic has several cards included with the instructions that you can fix over the front panel of their washing machines in order to change the language. It's our favourite brand for our holiday home as their products all have panels in English. Only the Germans seem to have a bit of a problem with trying to work out what the programs mean. Though we once had some French guests that wanted to know how to operate the dishwasher as French was not among the languages in the booklet and they couldn't comprehend the panel. They didn't speak much English and it's been some 30 years since I sat in a French class, so just went on line and printed the entire booklet out for them. :lol: