Out of Eden discount

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
loveka

Out of Eden discount

Post by loveka »

I am about to do my final bedding order, having bought stuff from both King of Cotton and Soak and Sleep.

I am getting duvet covers with a pattern in easy care from Out of Eden. Has anyone got any of these? Our cleaner said to get easy care because they are easier to iron. I have kind of assumed that if I get them from Out of Eden they will be good quality.They are the Elizabeth ones.

Also, I have read on here that one can get a discount, but can't quite see how.

Thanks.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Out of Eden don't appear to discount in general terms as far as I can recall. Places like Linens Limited do periodically offer excellent money off deals short term such as 20% off everything but only for a 'flash sale'. I bought Egyptian cotton for everything which was the bane of my property managers' lives, however the joke is on me now that I have moved in and have to do all the ironing myself! :D I have bought an ironing press which I hope will lighten the load. I'm not a fan of polycotton myself, but I do understand that it's popular and the Elizabeth range is very attractive.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Casscat wrote: Places like Linens Limited do periodically offer excellent money off deals short term such as 20% off everything but only for a 'flash sale'.
This is not actually true. If you are a business, their trade team offer discounts on their retail price list all year round. A lot of suppliers will negotiate on their prices if you are ordering a large quantity. You just have to get used to asking...
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

I get all my linen and towels from Out Of Eden.

I can very much recommend them as a supplier and the quality of the product.

Out Of Eden will discount if your order is large enough, I don't know what the order threshold is to qualify for a discount but I can say that all my orders have been £300+ and I managed to get at least 10%. I rent my cottage out through Wyndham vacation (cottages.com etc) and by doing so I get an additional 10% discount with Out Of Eden.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

The only discount I’m aware of from Out of Eden was for members of the VE quality scheme, but they stopped that a while ago. As they are a trade supplier, their prices are what they are; bulk purchase of items usually shows a discount for quantity, if you were buying a number of high value items they’d probably have some wriggle room.

The only other discounts they do are if you go there in person and they have returns etc often at very good prices, and they always have some items that are minor damage, old stock or whatever for peanuts which they donate to charity.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

akwe-xavante wrote: I rent my cottage out through Wyndham vacation (cottages.com etc) and by doing so I get an additional 10% discount with Out Of Eden.
That’s interesting - I might have to lodge a complaint with OoE about that as it’s a bit of a slap in the face for those who don’t use the mega-agencies and go it alone.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

The only other discounts they do are if you go there in person and they have returns etc often at very good prices, and they always have some items that are minor damage, old stock or whatever for peanuts which they donate to charity.
Bugger, I drove past Out Of Eden only a couple of months on holiday. My partner questioned why I didn't call in for a look see at the time. Wish I had now.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

newtimber wrote:
Casscat wrote: Places like Linens Limited do periodically offer excellent money off deals short term such as 20% off everything but only for a 'flash sale'.
This is not actually true. If you are a business, their trade team offer discounts on their retail price list all year round. A lot of suppliers will negotiate on their prices if you are ordering a large quantity. You just have to get used to asking...
Yes, I have used their trade team before, but they will only discount on bulk purchases so beyond my initial stocking up of linens I had to wait for their retail flash sales to pick up odds & ends.
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

i missed a trick here. Big order recently and didn't even ask :(