Tiny pans but there is a salad spinner

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

:lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Yes FC, our first guests (many years ago now) tactfully pointed out a lack of eggcups. I can honestly say it never occurred to us as neither of us had eaten a boiled egg in over 40 years.

It was a real shock to the system, and there was us congratulating ourselves on having loaded the place up with shed-loads of pots and pans and spatulas and even an oyster-knife, but no eggcups alas!

It's so easy to overlook these things if they're outside your daily experience.

:lol: Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Hurray!

I'm going to take some detail pics of our kitchen with the pans etc. It would be a reassuring thing to see I think!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Moliere wrote:Yes FC, our first guests (many years ago now) tactfully pointed out a lack of eggcups. I can honestly say it never occurred to us as neither of us had eaten a boiled egg in over 40 years.

It was a real shock to the system, and there was us congratulating ourselves on having loaded the place up with shed-loads of pots and pans and spatulas and even an oyster-knife, but no eggcups alas!

It's so easy to overlook these things if they're outside your daily experience.

:lol: Mols
Yes, we had the 'where are the egg cups?' 'phone call. Had never occurred to me to include them. I got a set in the charity shop & I swear they have never been used.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

So, Rosie, how did it all go in the end? Was the owner apologetic? Did you leave feedback, etc?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
GRL

Post by GRL »

Rosie wrote:Update - owner sent her hubby round with some larger pans. He said there did appear to be some missing and I also pointed out the lack of potato masher. He said his sister-in-law has a flat nearby so maybe she has taken stuff there as there used to be more pans and a masher. So we can cook that spaghetti now!!
Yes - all was find and I left them a lovely review. I do think it was a genuine error so I am glad I emailed her. I got a nice review back too.