How many photos is not enough?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

How many photos is not enough?

Post by Sam V »

Enquyfrom OD this afternoon. Three questions, one of which was 'Do you have any more photos?' I have 24 photos on my listing, 18 of which are of each room and outside, pool, etc. Is this not enough!?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

Maybe it's sarcasm? :shock:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

What exactly do they want photos of???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

( :D )
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I remember getting one or two "more photo" requests, but that was long ago in the days when these sites had capacity for only 12 or so photos.

I thought it might have been some stalling tactic, while the guest was waiting for a reply on some other property. Then I used to send two or three photographs, not of the property, but of the local area - beach, mountain, local village, ancient building, or whatever. Just any additional likely photos which came to hand.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The ideal number of photos will vary depending on the complexity of the gite and its surrounding attractions, but the best advice is to ensure that you've covered all the essential facets of your property from the selling viewpoint and always to use only the finest pix that you have available. Never be bullied by a listing site into including mediocre material to meet a quota or to 'make up the numbers'.

Poor photos in the mix will take the shine from the great shots. Less is always better and a ruthless editorial approach will pay dividends.
Jim
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

We used to get that when we were on OD. I always took it as a check by the enquirer to see if you exist. With all the bad pubs regarding fake listings, I can see how an enquirer would like to reassure themselves by asking for photos that a fake listing wouldn't be able to supply.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There was recently a post on my ski forum regarding a fake chalet company. He'd spoken to the 'owner' on the phone, asked for more photos and done all the research to try and prove the company was genuine. A quick reverse image search then found the chalet photos in a different resort with a luxury price tag. The extra photos promised never arrived, and he fortunately didn't hand over any money.
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

gitemontjoly wrote:We used to get that when we were on OD. I always took it as a check by the enquirer to see if you exist. With all the bad pubs regarding fake listings, I can see how an enquirer would like to reassure themselves by asking for photos that a fake listing wouldn't be able to supply.
Clever!
So much to learn....so little time!
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

Orsonthecat wrote:
gitemontjoly wrote:We used to get that when we were on OD. I always took it as a check by the enquirer to see if you exist. With all the bad pubs regarding fake listings, I can see how an enquirer would like to reassure themselves by asking for photos that a fake listing wouldn't be able to supply.
Clever!
But once the owner has supplied photos once, they can never be 100% sure that they won't have inadvertently armed a scammer with another means of detection avoidance in the future. :(