RENTIVO - Software provider for marketing holiday rentals

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Allie

RENTIVO - Software provider for marketing holiday rentals

Post by Allie »

Does anyone know more about Rentivo? They have contacted me 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months to suggest that I subscribe to their software marketing plan to keep all us owner renters independent from the horrible big guys like Homeaway and Air BnB and renting our houses well with their help. Alan from Rent More Weeks says they are good guys he's known for years and that it is quite safe and a good idea to join them. This sounds great, and they are asking for investors so we all get a share of the cake. Another good idea, but I'd like to know more about them???
Alliehat
Mildly excentric English lady who's ready to chat...
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I'd be very interested to know exactly what they are up to too.

I signed up to their blog months ago and had another invitation message today. Unfortunately, the wording included "be apart of the action". Ahem!

I'm sure they are good guys. The problem is that there are an awful lot of misguided good guys out there. These people have used their blogs to show that they have a good understanding of the market. And they have made it clear that their aim is to break the stranglehold of Expedia/TA. But we've heard this kind of pre-launch fanfare before.

They are being very cagey about what they are intending to launch. So, in the absence of more detail, I'm out!
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

The best software in the world is absolutely meaningless unless you have the reach into the on-line market that you are targeting. That last bit is why the big boys are successful.

BTW We are weening ourselves off TripAdvisor by ramping prices on their sites and getting a proper handle on how well our own site is doing at pulling custom. Glad to say that this year was our best ever and the TA contribution to sales was down from 30% to 15%.

I'm not even sure the TA star system has any potency either these days.

Post by Guest »

I think that my friend had some problems with them. I don't know exactly and maybe I'm wrong. I will try to reach out to him and find out.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I have had friendly chats with them and wish them well. I think we decided we are not competing (they are selling a software platform, I am selling advertising space) but it is not written in blood. Flexibility is the nature of the business world.

We seem to share similar views on the market, but they are maybe a year or two in advance of me, in terms of trading. I am looking at crowdfunding maybe mid 2017. Their crowdfunding campaign seems to be going well.

I agree, it is not obvious what new products they have in the pipeline. I will be looking to integrate with Rentivo, as one of many software platforms.

The second bullet of their CrowdCube pitch states:

Working to integrate with insurance and foreign exchange solutions

which baffles me a little.

I was taught many years ago that the biggest company file should be on competitor analysis.
Ross Hugo

Post by Ross Hugo »

I like Richard's take on the general state of the market. Expedia/TA are squeezing the lemon from both sides and making it increasingly difficult for owners/agents to communicate directly with their own customers. They're not making many friends right now.

We're seeing quite a few new subscribers from disillusioned owners/agencies who have decided the time is right to invest in their own solution and build their own brand.

Rentivo's pre money valuation of £1.6m with a turnover this year of just over £100k is a bit eye watering for me! But good luck to them. If you don't ask.....
Ross Hugo