Expanded web-links in emails. Is it Hotmail doing that?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Ben McNevis

Expanded web-links in emails. Is it Hotmail doing that?

Post by Ben McNevis »

I've just had a reply to a response to an enquiry and noticed something I haven't seen before in the "quoted" part of the message.

I use gmail. So, I have a "conversation" view:
My original message of a few days ago,
The guest's response (including my previous message as quoted).

All normal so far.

But looking at the quoted previous message, I see that the links which I gave in my initial response have been expanded into snippets of the web page, including a picture in one case. It actually looks rather good and I think it would reassure the guest that the links are safe (assuming that they see it like that).

But I've never seen this before. The guest has a hotmail.com email address. Does Hotmail do this link expansion?
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

Had the very same from a reply at weekend, a hotmail email address, so it seems to be perfectly normal.
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I noticed an odd thing the other day. After browsing a website (I was looking for travel cots and had looked at several sites), I received an email from them titled 'browse our huge range' and it showed some of the items id looked at! I'm not registered with this site and had disclosed my email address!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com