How far ahead for bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

OSINCLAIR wrote:We are the same - I have no idea why we do not get repeat bookings or advance bookings when our reviews are fabulous. We have only one booking for 2017 at this point - though never seem to have any problems filling up at short notice/school holidays and always end up (have been operating for >3 years now) with a high occupancy rate. I am wondering if there is any inverse psychology going on and we should raise prices as we are cheaper than a lot of the competition. Seems illogical but it may work!
When I raised my prices a few years ago my bookings went up :D

Sandra
OSINCLAIR

Post by OSINCLAIR »

Prices raised - lets see what happens. On a positive note we have 3 bookings in Jan when we usually have one at most.
OSINCLAIR

Post by OSINCLAIR »

Well the price rise went well and we generated some more bookings one of which actually commented on what good value the cottage is. Drat, should've raised the price more. I reread this thread and thought i would mention an issue that I have experienced with HL/TA bookings. If I do not maintain prices well in advance e.g. because I have not yet worked out the peak holiday weeks/best Christmas changeover dates the default (cheapest week) pricing is displayed to a potential guest. I have several times received booking requests way in advance for peak weeks at this low rate which makes me think there is a certain group of people who are aware of this "loophole" and try to work it to their advantage. I always check my booking requests carefully and decline/offer realistic quote but guessing there are some who just see a booking request for a vacant week and hit the yes button! If anyone knows of a better way around this would be interested?